TUESDAY, April 21st 2009

Hey everyone how was your day?


Psalm 34

12 What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good?
13 Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
14 Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
15 The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
16 The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
17 The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
20 He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.
21 Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.
22 The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.



Wow amazing stuff once again! Verse 14 was the awesomist one because it is saying the exact opposite of running from evil! to go to rightiousness! to Pursue it! If you want to be blessed, run from sin, run to rightiousness! its like writting a letter, you say who its from, and you say who its to. When you accept Christ, your writting a departure letter from sin, to rightiousness! amazing amazing stuff!

3 comments:

♥Music♫GivesMeLife♥ said...

Yes I like verse 14 too! Get RID of your evil ways!! Know what's right, and pursue it, go after it!
Get there one way or another. The Lord listens to those that want to be listened to. If you cry out to Him, He will help you. Who CARES about those that hate the righteous - the ones that do the right thing? You could try to commit them to doing the right thing and worshipping the Lord, but if they don't care or don't want to, who cares, it's their loss. The Lord will help those who pray and cry out to Him. Only to those who are faithful He will deliver them from their troubles.
I definitely believe in this because a while back, I forgot to pray some nights, probably several nights a week, or I just didn't because I didn't FEEL like it. And guess what, I almost always had a bad day! Although that could be partly due to teenage years and how shy I was, but that's besides the point. Ever since I've really gotten into worshipping the Lord, I've been having almost ALL good days, and I've started not caring what people think, I just try to do my job and what I know is the right thing to do, even though it's difficult in today's society. The Lord has helped me deal with so many things. This week especially. It's only Tuesday, but Sunday and yesterday and today were SOO busy, but I had the Lord helping me; helping me to think on my feet and get things done without getting distracted by other factors. So just tell the Lord what you need help with, and He'll help you!
:D

AngelWings said...

What a nice day it is! I love when it says 'seek peace and pursue it," meaning to never give up! Especially during the hectic week I've been having. I know with God, he will help point me in the right direction. Verse 13 says that we need to not speak wicked things to another, when I hear this, I think of alot of people at school who argue with one another-every other word that comes out of their mouth is a bad word, know what I mean? And this really reminds us that we can express things calmly WITHOUT those words.- and when we are in trouble, we can call out The Lord and he will be there to listen to us with open ears and help us as it says in verse 15. I pray that more and more people will call out to him as we do. For today, example, I know of two certain people that I have know for a while that have been going in the wrong direction all of a sudden.- they are struggling so immensly, but they do not realize what they need is the Lord, but if they really don't want to go in the right direction, it IS their loss, so all we can do to help them is pray for those that need it. I know without him in my life, I would be a complete mess, and I pray in my mind (especially during school)that they will seek his words and turn over a new leaf and go in the right direction that God is wanting them to go in. Those who trust in him and love him will be blessed and their troubles will go away! How wonderful is that? I have a prayer request: can you please pray for my two friends, that they will realize that they need to seek God's word? They seem to be struggling more and more everyday. Thank you!
~Victoria

McCue said...

I need to stop doing these at 1:30 in the morning. Whoever posts them if it is possible to put them up the night before that would be awesome because I like to read in da morning at around 8am. This entire verse is exactly what I needed. It's also one of the best passages I've read in a while. The passage motivates us to turn from doing wrong. To try to seek peace and good and pursue them. Then David tells us that the Lord listens to, watches over, and protects the people who will seek peace and do what God wills them to do. Sometimes we feel seperated from God(most of the time that will be from not speaking to him enough or being away from the word) but this passage reminds us none of his servants shall be desolate. This is killer when sometimes you feel alone or depressed. Goodnight everyone can't wait to see you all tomorrow.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!