WEDNESDAY, December 3rd, 2008

Hey guys! Church tonight! 7:00pm AND after that we are going out to a restaurant for Nick Hill's Birthday! Find out if you can join us and let me know!

I Corinthians 10

15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.
16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?
17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.
18 Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar?
19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing?
20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.
21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.
22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?
23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.
24 Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth.
25 Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:
26 For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.
27 If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake.
28 But if any man say unto you, this is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof:
29 Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another man's conscience?
30 For if I by grace be a partaker, why am I evil spoken of for that for which I give thanks?
31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:
33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

We just took the Lords supper rececntly and it would have been good to study this passage before we did. This passage makes it clear that we should not be partaking of the cup and living for the devil (or our flesh) the next day... God makes it clear that taking communion is very important and not to be taken lightly...

One thing that sometimes bothers me is how we talk and pass gum and goof off during the Lords supper... God created that time for a SERIOUS reflection on what Christ did for us and how we are living for Him. I can think of many times when I have had to go take care of something at the alter before I took of the body and the blood of Christ!

Next time we have the Lords supper be serious minded and make sure people arent goofing off around you!!

Finally, verse 31 is one most of you all should know!!! This is one you said three times a day at the wilds! Whether therefore you eat or drink, do all for the glory of God.

Don't do things for yourself, dont even do things for others, do them for God and His glory!! That is whwat we were created for! To glorify God with our lives!!!

5 comments:

Godservant said...

That would probably be why we don't do the Lord's supper that often. 'Cause if we did, It'd be another not-so-serious thing, since we do it all the time. That reminds me. At school when we do the pledge of alligence, we do it so often that we don't even consider it's inportance. I'd rather say the pledge once a year with some dignity, then do it all the time and not even realize the significance. The same exact thing goes for the Lord's supper.

P.S. If your having a bad day, just remember this: Jesus is coming soon.
And yes dad, I love you too.

Jessica M said...

I went a little ahead in yesterday’s devos so I guess I will just recap some of what I said yesterday well it is good for me! :)
Paul tells us that we can’t live for Christ and live for the world at the same time. He also talks about how in everything we do needs to be to the glory of God. God wants us to be imitators of HIM. But, I know that I should not just do this because God had told me to but because God deserves everything that I have.
Christ has done a lot more for me then I have for Him. If I am not living to please Him, then who am I pleasing? This all may sound a bit clique but hey, it has worked for me so far! ;)

Godservant said...

PL, I left my bible on the window sill in the teen room. Put it somewhere where its safe or just leave it there. Most likely no one will steel it. And sorry for posting again. I don't want to get your hopes up...heh...heh...cough cough
Just kidding

Anonymous said...

okay in going to go fast because i need to get to bed cuz i dont feel good and im getting sick. anyways i like this passage we should do our best during the lords supper not to mess around and we should be as serious as we can be about it. I also like verse 31 we should all know it if we went to the wilds! But all it means is to do EVERYTHING for God and not ourselves or others. Well lots of good stuff in this passage but im going now so see yall Sunday bye

Rachel☺; said...

The Wilds was really great, i love that place (:
Its just one of those places you want to be because you feel so spiritually safe there.
Anyways, im going to talk about verse 31 just because its refreshing what i remember of the wilds and ive never really sat down and thought too hard about it before.
Idk about everyone else, but a lot of times its hard for me to remember that life isnt all about me. I think media is a super huge influence on why people are so focused on themselves. We hear everywhere that we should go do or buy things to make us better than the rest or make us feel good...
But the more i think about it, the more i remember the whole purpose of why im here.
Our earthly purpose isnt really a shallow and bottomless journey to make ourselves successful like our first thought would be, but indisputably to serve the creators purpose for us.
I guess basically, the verse reminds us to live out our purpose and achieve in life what matters; bringing glory to God with every second you have to do so.
That can also tie into the communion topic.
We are taking of the elements in remembrance of Christs sacrifice and its supposed to be a time where we can give out appreciation (glory) to God, so why not do it the right way?

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!