FRIDAY, December 5th, 2008

Hello Everyone... can I just tell you that when you trust God and follow Him (even if you mess up as often as I do) He Blesses you more than I can share in this blog!!! And it is not just because He provides "stuff" for me, it is all about the peace, the joy, and the fact that I have to worry about Nothing because everything I have is in His hands! And he will take care of me!

Well, yesterday God provided us with our new vehicle... We were able to purchase a 2003 Ford Expedition! I Love It!!! If you want a ride in it then give me a call and schedule an appointment!! :) J/K!

Ok, well on to the devotions!

I must say this today:
One of the greatest blessings in my ministry here at Suncoast is the few faithful teenagers that are in the Word of God so consistently! Rachel Mace and Michael Stratton and a few others... THANK YOU!!

I Corinthians 11:

16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.
17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.
18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.
20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.
21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.
22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? what shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.
23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.
34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

Wow! This passage is unbelievable! Paul is telling the Corinthian church that they should be ashamed! They were going to church for the "Lord's Supper" and getting drunk off the wine!! They were obeying God by partaking in the Lords supper, but they were doing for the wrong reason!!! They were looking at the Lords supper as if it were some kind of party or something! It was a way for them all to eat and drink wine and GET DRUNK!!!

God created that to be a time of reflection as we saw last week! NOT a time to fellowship and certainly not a time to get drunk! Think about it... What if you had a memorial service for you or someone you loved and everyone came and acted like it was some kind of party!! What if everyone came to your memorial service to get drunk and party!!! That is not what I would want, if it were one of my loved ones memorial services!!!!

Well, here is the application for us... (besides taking the Lords supper serious!! Which is pretty obvious!) I think just as the corinthians did, there are many people today who come to church for the wrong reasons!!! I know some people and they come because we are going to play a funny game, or maybe some of them come to hear Pastor Lee's Jokes... ok maybe not... but there are many people who come for the fellowship, they come for the good music, or maybe they come just to feel good about themselves... God makes it clear that we need to come for the right reason! We need to be here at church so that we can grow closer to the Lord and so that we can worship our Savior for all of the wonderful things He has done for us!!!


5 comments:

Godservant said...

I talked to PL a minute ago and asked him a little of this passage. He said that contentious means tension or brawlwing or fighting. So Paul is saying that fighting in church is definetly not something we do. Then he says there is division in the church and he somewhat believes it. I haven't been to this youth group that long, not even a year, and I see some groups. I wouldn't call it division, because none of us hate each other, but there are little groups. 3. You've got-- I'm not going to say, but I remember seeing 3 on wednesday night on Nick's birthday. Either that was a cowincedence, which it most likely was, since I'm always wrong, or not. And heresies are false doctrine, like soul sleep. Soul sleep, WHICH IS FALSE, doctrine when Christians die, they're just sleeping in their dead body until the Rapture. False! when you die, your BODY stays on earth until the Rapture happens. Meanwhile your SOUL is in heaven. Wow, I typed a lot!

Okay RACHEL, thanks for praying for my ipod. If I never find it, maybe the person will listen to my Christian songs and get saved!! Never know!

Appriciate that PL!

Anonymous said...

michael i pray for you everyday that God would keep you safe and most of all faithful to Him in everything. Dad

Tylermon33 said...

well this is saying that we should go to church for the right reasons (to worship and get closer to God)not for the wrong reasons (to have fun, but don't get me wrong we can have fun at church but that's not the reason we should go to church, or to fellowship with others or to make yourself feel good because you came to church). we should come to church to get closer to God and to worship God for everything He has done for us and is still doing for us. so we need to come to church for God not oursleves.

PL we should come over and spend the night soon...and I think your jokes are funny

Godservant said...

Thanks dad. And PL, I think your jokes are only funny when Jeff does that retarted laugh and says, "I don't get it" afterwords.

I feel so STUPID for people praying for my iPod. It's just materialism! Why didn't I realize that before! I feel like a retard. I'm not sure if Satan is trying to make me feel guilty about it, or if it's God's doing. I'm falling and I can't get up!!!

Rachel☺; said...

wow.. im such a bad teenager. Im sorry Pastor Lee! D:
Well this is important...and that soul sleeping thing is mega weird!
But anyways, its hard to tell if in someones heart they are really coming to church for the right reasons and if you dont know enough, you usually assum things and accuse/upset people.
I know one day a lady accused me of only going to church because of acertain person and i started crying and was veryyy offended. lol But yeah,
But before the service starts next time, i think we should all think next time if our heart is in the right place or if we need to realize more the whole action of attending church.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!