THURSDAY, December 4th, 2008

Hey everyone! Thanks for being faithful!

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday:
Michael: "Sponsered by Jesus/ Smokin the Devil"... WHERE DO YOU COME UP WITH THIS STUFF??
Jessica: How did you go ahead? Do you read it out of the Bible?
Mallory: Did you wake up sick this morning? I DID AND I HATE IT!!!
Rachel: The Wilds is definitely a spiritually safe place... I always say that the Wilds is the closest place to Heaven on Earth!! I Love it Too!!

I Corinthians 11

1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
8 For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.
12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.
13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

Hold on... I have to go ask Pastor Chip about this one...

...

This is interesting stuff! Let me start with the clearest meesage: verse 1 and 2. Wow! Once again, Paul is living a lifestyle that he can just say: Follow me as I follow Christ. I would love for that to be my motto! I would love to be able to say: TEENAGERS!!!! FOLLOW ME AS I FOLLOW CHRIST! But to be honest, if I am going to say that, then I better make sure that there is nothing between me and Christ. If I want you to follow me then I BETTER BE heading stright down the path to Christ!!

Can you say that about your unsaved friends? Could you tell them: Hey! Follow me as I follow Christ!

Now, onto the interesting part...
I went and read Warren Wiersbe's commentary on this passage adn I think he does a great job at explaining a foundation that makes this passage a little easier to understand...

IN EVERYTHING THERE IS A CHAIN OF COMMAND: In school, you have students, teachers, administrators, principals, county school board, supervisor of education and so on...

In the military you will have a private, a captain, a general and so on... but the private may be a better man than the captain...

In other words, this passage explains that God did create a chain of command with people as well... however, just because one is higher on the chain does not mean that they are better, or more special.

Even God the Father is higher on the Chain than Jesus Christ, but we know that they are co-equal!

So with that being said... lets look at this passage... FIRST: Here are a few things you would need to know...

Because of the culture in these days women had to cover their heads, because women prostitutes would shave their heads, that is why it says several times that a woman without hair or with a shaved head should be ashamed...

So that does not necessarily apply to today because that is no longer a relevant issue today, however, it says that a guy should not cover his head when he is praying and even today it is culterally respectful to take your hat off when you pray, or when you sing the national anthem or some even say when you enter a building... (I personally never understood that one... maybe someone can explain it to me)

So the message is: We need to be reverent about our relationship with Christ. It is not something that we should view flippantly, instead we should carefully consider, we need to approah the throne of God in respectul Prayer.

5 comments:

Godservant said...

Today is just NOT my day. I met my old ATA master at that health fair thing at school, and I told him I might consider coming back. I THOUGHT that would be a good thing to tell my parents, but no. She says they cost too much and how I am going to get a ride. Well, I was going there for over 4 years before and we didn't have a problem, and now we do?! I think my mom is making execuses. Not to mention, some loser stole my iPod during school and my mom yeals at me for someone stealing my iPod. I had nothing to do with it!!!! I'm so fustrated right now!!! AHHH!

You guys probably care less about my personal problems, I just wanted to unload and tell someone about it.

And PL, if you go to www.christianshirts.net you see all cool pictures of where I get my profile picture from.

Devotion time! I think Pastor Lee would be an alright person to follow to follow Christ. Duh, he's our youth Pastor! But seriously!

Here is the mega chain of command from least to greatest: Children, teens, adults, police officers, cheif police, leader of region, govenor, president, God. There. I'm not specific, but what I said covers most everything!

Jessica M said...

I did my devotions today but I wrote them out instead not enough time to copy the whole thing but I did I promise
GOT TO GO BIGGG DAY TOMORROW!!!!!!

Godservant said...

Rachel, I put something on the prayer blog. Go to it. Now.

Sorry for posting again PL. Got your hopes up didn't I?

Anonymous said...

yeah Pastor Lee I woke up sick today and i hated it too. The main reason i actually went to school today was to play volleyball, which by the way we won, against L.A. ainger middle school! I had to blow my nose in every class ugh its not fun being sick! anyways I think this is a very interesting passage. I was confused until you explained it. I dont really know what else to add! ummmmmm okay so We need to be followers of Christ and make sure that the people we see everyday can be able to tell that we are. so that means we need to be on the right path so that they can follow us, who follows Christ. Stay faithful suncoast! Bye for now.

Rachel☺; said...

Michael, my mom does thigs like that too! and the only reason i ever hear is because shes the mom and just doesnt want to :P
But i guess thats how it works.
& im sorry about your ipod, i posted a sort of response on the prayer blog.

So thats kind of crazy that prostitutes used to shave their heads... i still dont understand why though???
Anyways, my parent/s has/have always demonstrated this passage to me as being, like, under the umbrella of the command above you, and each command higher was stronger to protect those underneath.
Im pretty sure ive brought that up before in the devotions.
I know im still in the process of submitting to those above me on the command chain, and im probably not the only one, but what i have realized is that if God is "the big umbrella" the rest of the chain is successfully completed, and that the guardians under the command of God really do offer their kids greater safety(?) i guess you could say.
So im thankful that i was raised under the command of my mom who has been under the command of God in my lifetime, even though she thinks she is 100% responsible for who i am today :P

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!