WEDNESDAY, June 25th, 2008

Goodmorning Everyone! I hope that you are making plans to attend church tonight! We are going to have a great service! We will also be giving out all of the information about our rewards trip, so make sure that you are there! I am so excited about this weekend! We are going to have so much fun!

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday:
Drum Roll: My Verdict: ... Brooke Started her devotions first, Jon finished his devotions first! There you go.
Great Job to the both of you!
Phil: I talked to your mom, and she said that you are aloud to do your devotions only! So, why didnt you do them? Unbelievable! :)
Jeff: I like your solution to the blog today :) Am I picking you up today?
Brooke: Thank you for your compliments and your encouragements! I appreciate you and I must say: "I Love My Job"!!!!!
Amy: I am so excited too!! I am glad you will be here tonight!
Gaby: Yay!! For the Laptop! Did you go to starbucks or Panera or something?
Rob: Hey man! Thanks again for last night! And thanks for "the other thing - for this weekend"
Lucy: WHAT?? "Attitude" are you kidding? Lucy would never have an attitude... NOT! Sorry you were in trouble! :)

John 9:1-12
1 Now as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth.
2 And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
3 Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him.
4 I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work.
5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”
6 When He had said these things, He spat on the ground and made clay with the saliva; and He anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay.
7 And He said to him, “Go, wash in the pool of Siloam” (which is translated, Sent). So he went and washed, and came back seeing.
8 Therefore the neighbors and those who previously had seen that he was blind said, “Is not this he who sat and begged?”
9 Some said, “This is he.” Others said, “He is like him.”He said, “I am he.”
10 Therefore they said to him, “How were your eyes opened?”
11 He answered and said, “A Man called Jesus made clay and anointed my eyes and said to me, ‘Go to the pool of Siloam and wash.’ So I went and washed, and I received sight.”
12 Then they said to him, “Where is He?” He said, “I do not know.”

What a great story of another miracle. This story teaches an incredibly important truth! There are many people that believe that any kind of sickness or handicap at birth is some kind of punishment. That is what the people in this passage believed. That is simply not the truth, Jesus makes it clear in this passage that if someone is born with a handicap, it is NOT a defect, but it is Gods perfect plan for their life.

This story explains to us that this man was born blind, and Christ walked up to him, put some mud in his eyes, told him to walk down into the water to rinse it off and then the man could see. Think about this: God says " This man is blind so that the works of God may be revealed in Him." How cool is that! You see, God wanted to do something great in the life of this man and everyone that he knew, so God allowed him to be blind, so that this man could "see" something far greater: "The miracles of God"

We must understand that we have a soverign God! That means that God knows everything, and he reigns in everything, and he has a plan to make it all fit together! That is so wonderful! God allowed this blind man, to live for many years without sight, so that one day, This man could see greater things that most other men would ever see in their lifetime.

God has a plan, and when we see a shortcoming, or a handicap in our life, WE MUST understand by faith that God wants to use us in spite of our handicap, God wants to use us BECAUSE OF our handicap, to do great things for Him and for His Glory!!

Wow! That is amazing! That really makes one verse we have studied even more meaningful:

II Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

I am weak, so ue me greatly for your glory Lord!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha 1st...gonna make this short...what's goin on is Christ is sayin no man is born w/handicaps or flaws cuza their parents mistakes, or w/the case...

he's sayin, it happened 4 a reason(as we've learned) & it has a purpose...This case, it was 2 show a mirical 2 those who don't believe...

he used the man in a GREAT way cuz the man BELIEVED...had he NOT believed, he wouldn't have walked 2 the water, am i right???

so this shows if u believe in God, he'll use u in a GREAT way...maybe not right away but eventually=]
& i believe he's doin just that w/me=]
beleive & great things/peace shall come2urself

Anonymous said...

ha!

1st even WITHOUT a place saver!!!so this time i AM technically 1st 2 post "devos"=]

ATTENTION PASTOR LEE: Amanda wants 2 know if she can get a ride2night...she hasn't been in a few weeks but wants 2 come...AND i want her 2 sing the song i wrote if we figure all the technical stuff out=]she wants 2 2=]

Glenn might come...it's gonna take a bit more convincing...but i might even have him comin on a regular basis!!! =](yes josh L its beiling)

& the rewards trip=[ummm...if we're leavin at 8...i DEF CANT go...this is a HUGE dentist apt...i wanna go but im not gonna rescedual my apt
1]i dont think i CAN cuz its might b 2late
2]i HAVE 2 go 2 this 1...not 1 i can exactly miss...
i wanna go...*shrugs shoulders*
but i cant

& is Tessa comin cuz she didnt reply back2 me when i asked if she was gonna 4 sure or not...

ok im done...o yeah

*shakes lucy's hand*nice competin w/ya -lol-

Anonymous said...

Hey people! So like I guess that when we see people that are blind, deaf, and so on. We shouldn't judge them or there parents for who they are, lets just pray that God is using there life good, and he has the perfect plan for there life!

But it's not just the handicap people, who God has a plan for, it's all of us an it's our choice if we want to let God use us or go our own way!

SEE YA'LL TONIGHT!!
*shakes brookes hand* this isnt the last time you'll be seeing me, I will be first, one of these days! lol

Anonymous said...

This is a really cool passage! The first few verses kind of go along with what we were studying last week. Some people approach Jesus and want to know why the blind man had lost his sight. They thought either he had lost his sight b/c of sin or his parents sin. Jesus showed that we shouldn't judge people. There are circumstances in people's lives that are not at all a result of sin and we should't judge them. Jesus then took it one step further and healed the man-wow!Can you imagine how it was for him- living without sight and then being healed. That is incredible. After Jesus Christ gave him this great gift, he went on to share Christ with others around him. This whole story is just amazing- We have a loving, compassionate God that we MUST share with others!

Robert J Bellis-Nottingham said...

Heya,

I think a lot of people who have complications in life think they are getting 'punished' for one reason or another, because of things they have done and haven't attoned for, but God says that if we pray for forgivness, we shall recieve it!

These passages show that we all are blind, and we are blind, so that we may see. God wants us to want to be obediant, not be obediant for our own reasons, or other peoples reasons, he wants us to want it, and he wants us to learn it.

All our weakness and all our strengths are unique to each of us, and when we accept Jesus our flaws and weakness become our strengths.

Also, I believe it shows that we don't have to see him to believe him, and we don't have to see him to have miracles happen in our lives!

Have a good day everyone,
-Rob

Kacey! said...

Pastor Lee, I'm undecided about whether I'm going to go on the rewards trip or not. I've been shopping a lot and going places that cost my dad money. I've heard the 'I'm not made of money' speech 346843654 times. And I don't know if my dad will give me $40. And I'm kind of afriad to ask because he'll give me that annoying speech again. And I don't want to hear it.


This just proves that God can take a situation that looks bad to man, and make it good. The people thought that this man was blind because either he or his parents sinned. But that wasn't the reason why he was blind. He was blind so that Jesus could use him to show the works of God. Just like this man, Jesus wants to use us to show how amazing God is. We just have to allow Him to do that. We need to trust Him. If that man didn't trust Jesus and said "You are crazy, I'm not doing that" he would have never gotten healed, and God's works wouldn't be revealed to the people. God wants to work in our lives, we just have to let Him.

HADOKEN!!! said...

In this passage we got this blind man that the deciples are talking about and they ask if he is blind because of some punishment from God. Jesus tells them that he is only blind because it is a part of God's master plan, so when we complain about how God has made us we should just stop and remember that it is part of His master plan. Jesus said that this man's blindness was given to him for the purpose of showing God power. Jesus took mud and put it in the blind man's eyes, telling him to go wash the mud out of his eyes. when the man did this he could see again and everyone witnessed the power of God.

Kacey! said...

Pastor Lee, my phone turned off right when you called. Sorry.

weird high school kid said...

I have heard many times that it is not the clay that jesus made that healed this man, but this mans faith that jesus would heal him. Just like this man we need to trust in Jesus and open ourselves to him so that we can do great things in his name. Jesus made a plan for this man and thats why he was blind so that later in his life he can serve god that we may use his life as his testimony, and use him as an example of how we should be.

HEY ANYBODY GOING ON THE REWARDS TRIP BETTER DO SUMMIT PLUMMIT AT BLIZZARD BEACH I KNOW I WILL!!!

HADOKEN!!! said...

Hey there everybody. Checking Phil's word of the day made me want to do the same. Now I have the Random Fact of the day Check it out!

Gaby said...

heyy pastor lee holding will was really fun even though he puked on me =] and i hope you didnt think i was starting drama with me and evan cause actually it wasnt and im glad he might start coming again...

haha jesus spit healed someone and will spit on me thats funny!! anyways this passage is really cool cause it tells us that being born different is ok and isnt a defect but like P.Lee said part of god's plan for your life. this makes me think that maybe god has given me all the issues in my life in order to use me for his will and thats really cool to think that i could have that effect on someone or something!


P.S. Cant wait till Friday!!

Daemis WolfBorn said...

Hello P. Lee been a while since i did my devos ><. Laziness is a deadly thing.

This passage is kind of saying in the beginning that people think they are getting punished just because they were born with a defect, but God truly has a plan for them. Jesus used this as one of his miracles and healed the blind man.

I remember along time ago when P. Chip was preaching and said there was someone in the hospital that had a tumor (I forgot who it was),and when the doctors first scanned it was there. But when they started the operation it was not there because God answered the prayers of the people praying for him/her.

I think its cool that he does miracles still and hes not here. :D


Oh and this is for who ever was yelling in my ear that I was not aloud to bend my wrist in arm wrestling you are aloud. Here are the listing of the rules.

http://www.armpullers.com/rules.htm

http://www.eiyc.com/wrist.htm

Anonymous said...

hi pastor lee its drake say hi to will for me anyway no man shawl parish

Daemis WolfBorn said...

Oh yeah forgot to tell you I made a blog myself its called loony laws.

Please check it out :D

http://loonylaws.blogspot.com/

red head said...

hey pastor lee can you please call me in the morning like at 8:30 im
having some trouble with my parents

now to the amazing stuff

i think that this is what pastor lee is talking about when he said god tasted us and the sinners he spat out and confronted them

Phil said...

okay pastor lee I told you i'd get back to you... and yes i'm going to the shell factory tomorrow... get over it! JJJKKKKKKK YEAH I can do them the word of the day may be supplied tomorrow...

so jesus was strollin along down the street with his homies and he saw a blind man and his disciples said did this man or his parents sin for him to be born blind and jesus said neither fool he was born like this so the works of God can be shown through him I must do what my father sent me to do while it's light out cause when it's dark no one wants to do anything as long as i'm here i'm the light of the world (so basically he means he must do this before he leaves) after he said this he spat lol onto the ground and mixed it with the sandand he rubbed it on the blind man's eyes ... poor blind man ... then he said go jump in the pool and wash up and he did and he could see so everyone was like WHOA! isn't this the guy that was just a beggar? some people were like this is him and he's only like him and he said this IS me! so they were like how did you become un-blind he said jesus and he told them what he said and did and they said where is he and he said idk

Anonymous said...

Sweet even Jesus`s spit is holy!
So the diciples see this man and hes blind and they ask Jesus what did this man do or his parents do 4 him 2 deserve this and Jesus said nothing this happend because im gonna use him and then Jesus used him by making un blind and everyone saw so they beleved and Jesus can do the same thing in your life.

Amy :) said...

Yeah if a person has a defect or another problem it just shows how special God made you and how u r kinda telling the world that God made u special. so that they(the handicapped) can do wonderful things 4 Christ. God is using those handicapped people for His glory for the unsaved to see as a not a flaw in life but a miracle.
I love this miracle alot, I love all the miracles that Christ did on earth. It shows how wonderful, great, and it also shows the strength of the Lord in all of His miracles.

Aznricerunr[PN] said...

hey sry I couldn't go to church with you Gaby but im going on the trip so we will have fun there!

Jesus is saying that any sickness is not a punishment from God its a part of their life or Gods perfect plan for them. Jesus being a miracle worker spat on the ground and made it into clay. he then put the clay on the blind mans eyes and told him to go into the river and wash hisd eyes out. I thought clay would just make your eyes burn alot but ok. After the man washed his eyes out he was able to see and was cure from his blindness with the help of Jesus. Jesus wants us to be happy with our handicaps because God has a plan for it spread the word and do his work.

Rachel☺; said...

Many people like to say everything happens for a reason and it does; for Gods reason.
So this is pretty cool to me because i think about it a lot;
when something out of my favor or comfort happens i like to think 'why me?' or 'God, i dont understand what you are doing!' but this man here did the opposite.
If someone told you that rubbing mud in your eyes would cure your life changing illness forever and make you better, would you think it was crazy? I probably would, lol, no offense God, ill work on it. (: But, this guy literally had blind trust for what God wanted to do for Him.
Many times i am open to Gods will but confused on what Hes doing with it, which instead, i should let him work His magic and keep the wondering out of the way.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!