SATURDAY, May 31st, 2008

(Singing to the tune of the graduation march...)
Daa......., da da.., da.., da.. da..
Daa......., da da da..., da........

Can you hear it? Well today is NPHS Graduation! I am planning on going tonight so if any of you are going, give me a call so that I can hang out with you.
Here is who I know is Graduating, McCue, Lorraine, Tres, Ryan, Amanda and I think that is it.
Congrats you guys! Good job! now GO DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR LIFE!

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday:
Brooke: Campout is no more than 15.00; Orlando Trip will be around 25.00. Thanks for your kind words about my fishing trip survival! :)
Gaby: That is kind of funny, how your computer is making it hard to do what is right, but easy to do what is not as important. (That is like life... what a good illustration!)
Josh: Thanks for your "Stories From The Bible" However: I think you should call it "DRAMATIC Stories from the Bible" :)
Mrs. Sarah Massey: Hey! It is wonderful to see you on here! Comment any time! (Brad is Old, Moses is Dead!) :)
Alex: Hey are you going to McCues graduation tonight? If so, call me so we can sit together!

John 4:16-26
16 Jesus said to her, “Go, call your husband, and come here.”
17 The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.” Jesus said to her, “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’
18 for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly.”
19 The woman said to Him, “Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet.
20 Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship.”
21 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
25 The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming” (who is called Christ). “When He comes, He will tell us all things.”
26 Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am He.”

What a cool story! I hope you noticed how I broke up the color scheme today: The words of Jesus are in Blue and the words of the woman are in Orange. Yesterday, in our devotions, Jesus went up to her and told her about water that she could have that would satisfy her heart forever. Well, it is clear in todays passage that Jesus was not finished yet.

Once again, Jesus knew the exact thing to say: He told the woman to go and get her husband. She told Jesus the truth when she said: "I have no husband". Jesus then called her out on the truth, He said: yeah, you dont have one now, but you have had 5 husbands in the past and the guy you are living with now is not even your husband.

She must have been thinging to herself... WHAT! How did we just go from talking about water to talking about my moral life. The fact is: The two go hand in hand, when we have Jesus in our life, we MUST address the sin in our life. We cannot have both Christ and wickedness in our lives. The light of Christ will always make our sin evident.

That can be a scary thought if we are living in sin, but here is the cool part. It doesnt have to be scary, it should be a relief! You can be freed from your sin.

Well at that point in the story the woman knows there is something special about this guy. She says, "oh, are you a prophet!! Well, we dont worship WHERE you Jews do" Then Jesus explains to the woman, it doesnt matter WHERE you worship, but what matters is WHO you worship.

HERE IS MY FAVORITE PART:
The woman then says, Oh, well I know that one day the messiah will come and we will worship Him. Then Jesus says: "I who speak to you, am He"

What a remarkable moment! She is talking to "some random man" about the messiah, and she soon finds out that HE IS THE MESSIAH!

So many people in this world are so close to trusting in Christ, but they dont realize who he is! We must tell them, we must be the picture of Christ to the lost of this world. And we must understand that for Christ to work through us like he desires: Our sin MUST BE ADDRESSED!

ADDRESS IT TODAY! Take care of it! Ask for forgiveness and then put it behind you. God says He who confesseth his sin, SHALL FIND MERCY!

Take care of what Christ is dealing with in your life. TODAY!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah i'm first!!!!!

well pastor lee that is yours and my favorite part.i can't realy compete with how you said it pastor lee but i definetlly agree. how much more inspireing could it get?i cant even imagine if that happened to me. it is just so reasuring that one day the Messiah is going to come back and get everyone who has been born again and take them back to heaven!!!I cant wait!!!

Anonymous said...

sorry for any wrong spelling!!!
see you tomorow night!!!!

weird high school kid said...

Yesterday on Stories From The Bible we see jesus with a young samaritan woman at the well. what shall come of their meeting stay tuned to find out.(Commercial Break). Al right lets get serious so Jesus tells her to get her husband, and she's all like uhh I don't have a husband. So jesus with his omniscience says you may say you don't have a husband, but truly you have had FIVE husbands. It is also true that the one you have now is not your husband. so she tells him wait are you like some kind of prophet cause our ancestors have all worshiped here at this mountain, but you jews say that we should be worshipping in jerusalem. So jesus says hey soon enough you wont worship on the mountain or in jerusalem cause you don't even know what your worshipping while we jews know what we worship. For the time has come when the true worshipers of god shall worship since that is what god is looking for. You see god is like a spirit that's why we have to worship him in truth and our spirit. So propably dumbfounded she says well i know that the messiah, a.k.a. christ, is coming and that he's gonna tell us a bunch of stuff. So now at the greatest moment of suspense jesus just flat out says you know the person you're talking to well he's this messiah guy.

Wow i bet she was stricken with awe. I bet if they were sitting on the edge of the well she would have fallen back into the well.

McCue said...

Finally graduating, ahh and back to Drum Corps where I only have to worry about Drum corps and my relationship with God, phew its been a crazy year.
It's funny how life never goes exactly how we intend it. And the more we try to control things that are best left in God's hands the more we screw it up. So I finished "Wild at Heart" and I guess I only thought of this because of the book and because of some things I try to control that aren't under my control. It is true strength of heart to leave things in God's hands and take leaps of Faith, This is truly letting God work in our lives. I know this isn't particularly related to the passage but today I feel it weighing on my heart. I need to let of some things, and Listen to what God wants me to do and the desires I have in my true heart.
Sorry, anyway on to the passage.
-I see here again that we play a pivotal role in evangelism because the battle is being waged on American soil just as much as it is on Foreigh soil. Many people havent ever even been given the answer they dont take initiative because they dont even know where to look. It's our duty to point them in the right direction but again decisions in their lives are based upon them and Christ. There are more open minded people in this world than it seems and God truly does work. But we are the tools.

Aznricerunr[PN] said...

Wow you should of called me pastor lee I was going to go but then I went to sarasota for the weekend with brian. Gareth is going to do a backflip on stage for PN but record it so we can watch sunday.

Is this passage Jesus asks the woman to go get her husband and says shes has none then Jesus says yeah I know you have five! he then talks to her that she needs to believe in Christ and then goes to find out that the guy shes talking to is Jesus thats kinda fuunny! This passage tells me that I should take care of my sins right away and dont wait because your just going to get more and more guilty and thats going to feel bad inside so dont be lazy and ask for forgiveness right away

Jillian said...

wow thats pretty cool that the lady was actually talking to Jesus and she didnt even know it =]
well yea we all need to get rid of the sin in our lives and walk closer with God

and its also true that it doesnt matter where you worship or what kind of church you go to or anything all that matters is taht your getting taught the truth and that you are worshiping the one and only God
some people arent able to get up and go to church that doesnt mean that the people who do are any better of a christian then they are because going to church doesnt determain you relationship with Jesus

Tylermon33 said...

this is saying that Jesus was still talking to the women at the well and after the talk of the "living water" He tells her to go get her husband and tell her about what Jesus said. she then says that she dosen't have a husband and Jesus says you don't have a husband now but you did have 5 husbands and the one you are with now isn't even your husband and she was astonished and said that you must be a prophet. after that the women said that the Jews worship at a temple and we worship at the mountain, but Jesus says that soon no one will worship at the mountain or the temple they will be able to worship any place they like. Jesus also says that it dosen't matter where you worship but WHO you worship (which is SOOO true). then the women says i will worship the Messiah when He comes and Jesus say "I who speak to you, am He". if that was me when He said that He was the Messiah and i was talking to Him the whole time, i would be so shocked, supprised, embarassed, and happy to be talking to the Messiah the whole time. but really it dosen't matter where we worship but WHO we worship and that should be Jesus Christ.

Anonymous said...

Thanks PL...Now i just gotta find sum1 2 watch my bro cuz the 14th my dad's at the fire station on a 24 hr shift& he CANT get out of it...& my mom's got a batchalorette party or sumthin like that2go2...so my bro OBVIOUSLY cant b there...i wonder if my aunt can watch him 4 a few hrs til i get home...cuz i've REALLY REALLY REALLY been wantin 2do this 4like...EVER!!!

***********************************
***********************************
***********************************
***********************************
Yeah, I agree w/Josh, had they been sittin on the edge of the well, she probably woulda fallen back when she found out this RANDOM guy IS the messiah!

I woulda freaked had he said yeah i know, you've had 5husbands! STALKER MUCH...but then she thought him a prophet only 2 b told he IS the messiah!

It's true it don't matter WHERE u worship, it's the fact ur DOING it...as long as ur learnin the truth& building ur realationship w/Christ...

***********************************
***********************************
***********************************
***********************************
K...well...i gotta catch sum zzz's cuz im kinda tired & i cant sleep in2morrow=[
But that's ok...me mom dad&bro r goin out2breakfast b4 my mommy's gotta leave back 4 work...gotta be up at like7:30-8:00 compared 2 wakin up at NOON...plus i 8 ALOT & its all rainy over here so its makin me sleepy...

LATER TATER!!!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if I can convince my mom 2 let me on my nthe-n account...if so i can get ALOT more ppl from around the country 2 check out our blog...actually...she wont...i'll get ahold of Bambi & tell her 2get her bf2do it4 me...as soon as im able 2use the phone that is...(still grounded& got a LONG LONG while 2go=[)

but yeah...ill try

HADOKEN!!! said...

Sorry pastor Lee I would have gone but I'm at my dad's house. Jesus is still talking to this woman and He asks her to bring her husband but she replies I have no husband. Then Jesus tells her that she as had 5 husbands but the man that she is with right now is not her husband. Then she's like oh you must be the prophet, well we don't worship in the same place you Jews do. Jesus says "I doesn't matter where your worshiping but the person that your worshiping" Then she says well when the Messiah comes He'll tell us everything and the Jesus tells her "I am Him". That must have been pretty shocking!

ALSO PASTOR LEE HAVE YOU TRIED THE THREE NEW MOUNTIAN DEW FLAVORS? YOU GET TO VOTE ON THE INTERNET ON WHICH ONE YOU WANT TO KEEP. PERSONALLY I LIKE REVOLUTION.

Rachel☺; said...

really tired and having an IMPOSSIBLE time focusing,
ill make todays up tomorrow when i can get more out of it

Rachel☺; said...

okay im makin this up like i said i would :]]]

Jesus knows your past and your present, neither of which you can hide from Him, so make your past forgiven and your present purpose driven; for God.
That is exactly what Jesus was trying to lead this woman to do in speaking to her about her life like that.
Shes obviously had complications in life and He not only tells her that she can place her worries all on Him and depend on Him, but also tells her of how He is THE savior and is capable of bearing whatever she needs to.
That to me is like being offered the world on a silver platter., with all the great promises attatched to the everlasting water and tremendous sacrifice.
To apply;
With everything we are offered and all of the purpose we could fulfill, why not get to it? The forgiveness and love that you obtain through Christ you should share and serve with.

Amy said...

Congratulations Graduates!!!!!!!

the favorite part is my favorite part also that she is talking to a random man about the messiah coming and he is the messiah that is soo cool. Well see ya guys later!! -Amy

Gaby said...

Making this devo up at work my pc is gayyyyy!! =[

anyways this pasasge reminds me that even though you do something wrong if you repent it to jesus he takes it away and everything is ok again. It amazes me the forgiveness that god posses and how he bestows that on us. I deff need alot of it. Jesus tells the woman that that he knows not only is the man not her husband but also that she has been married 5 times! Again like jesus did with nicodemus he shows that he is the true son of god because he knows things that a normal person couldnt.

Kacey! said...

Basically Jesus is saying that it doesn't matter where you worship Him, as long as you're worshiping Him.

Also we need to let God use us for His glory. But for Him to be able to do that, we must have clean hearts. If we have any unconfessed sins, we need to confess them!

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!