SATURDAY, May 24th 2008

So guess what I am doing today?? I am going with my Dad and some friends to the shooting range to shoot some guns. A 45 Automatic, a Glock 40, a S&W 357M, and an AR15 are just a few of what is on the menu for today. Sounds liks a BLAST huh! HA!!!!!!!!!!!! Get it... Blast!!! : )

Then my Dad and I will be grilling Shish-Ka-Bobs and Steak. What a fabulous day!

So, listen closely: Sunday Night is going to be a really neat service: Pastor Chip wants to have a testimony service and It is going to be great! Me, my Mom, and my sister will be singing, and dancing. YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS! (Just kidding about the dancing part by the way). Anyways, Come Sunday Night for a great time and maybe we can all go out afterwards or something! See you then!!

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday:
Josh: I dont think that Amanda has any DDR Skills anymore... although I could be wrong. Amanda Yagami is Josh LaPerriere, remember the asian kid that looks like a panda bear? Yeah, well if you read this then tell Him if you still DDR or not. :) Thanks!
Rachel: So how was your fun night with slippers? I am glad that you were "comfy". By the way: Great application with modern culture: You said "we often play with phones and stuff and show the same kind of disrespect" Great Job!
Gaby: Way to put this into perspective!!! I would be ticked if I came home and there were sheep sellers all over my house! We mustnot desrespect the house of God!
Amy: CONGRATS!! No more School! and I am glad that you will be doing your devotions while you are in Texas! Hurry Home!
Jessica: Cool stuff: "Jesus was not acting out of a moment of anger, but he was purifying the church" Think about that: That passage said that He went and made some kind of whip. That is no 30 sec. task. You are exactly right in your application!
Jonathan Massey: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Lucy Janusz: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Everyone Else: HAPPY UNBIRTHDAY!!!

Ok, Now... TO THE DEVO'S:

John 2:23-25
23 Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the signs which He did.
24 But Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all men,
25 and had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man.

ONLY THREE VERSES??? Yes: And this should be pretty easy for you, but if you really think about it; it should be convicting as well! Jesus was in Jerusalem, and when all the people of the city saw the things that Christ had done: They Believed!! What have you seen in your life, that you can say: I saw Christ do this in my life: and thats why I believe.

For me personally, I saw what Christ did for me on the cross, and I saw how much He loved me through His word. I could not turn down the greatest love I had ever received!! Since I accepted Christ I have seen him show signs of His working in my life over and over! It is an invredible thing to the visible evidence that our invisible God gives us to show his love for us!

Verses 24 and 25 go on to talk about how Jesus did not put His endorsement on any man, because He knows the heart of man. Jesus knows how deceitful mans heart is; in fact He calls it desparately wicked! Pray that God will help you to stay faithful to Him! No man is above the deceitfulness of his heart. We must constantly feed our heart the word of God to keep it on track with God.

Hope this helps! Come on tomorrow! We will have somthing fun for you to do!!
Love you all! Pastor Lee

20 comments:

Megan>Nutmeg said...

Rachel...
HOWDY!!!
It's Megan, the one from your school!
I finally figured out how to do this!
My mom said that she works with your mom, Jill, at Neil Armstrong Elementary...

Write me back!!!
:)

HADOKEN!!! said...

Sorry I didn't do my devos yesterday we were traveling down to Naples for the weekend. Right now im on my aunts computer. I did yesterday's and I will hopefully get to do today's but we are going out on the boat so when we get back I'll try to do them. :D

Have fun at your shooting range pastor Lee it sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

The fact that God knows my innermost thoughts and feelings has always been sobering to me. It's easy to pretend we are something we are not BUT God knows because He sees into our hearts. That's one of the reasons I have chosen Psa. 51:10 as my life verse, as I said before. "Create in me a clean heart, Oh God, and renew a right spirit within me." The knowledge that He knows everything about me is also a comfort because I can pour out my heart to him and He has said He will never leave me nor forsake me.

Happy Birthday, Jonathan!!!!!!!!

Remember, TOO MUCH cake and ice cream is not good for you but you can tell mom & dad I said you can have my share.

NRW (Mrs. Wutka)

Jessica M said...

HHHAAAPPPPPYYYY BIRRRTHDDDAAAAYYYY LIL BROOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR A TRUE TEENAGER NOW? WOW!!!!!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!



xox best sis ever

Sarah Watkins said...

its insane how much God has done for all of us and especially in my brother david he's up in michigan working at some christian college because he wants to become a youth pastor and it's crazy how much he's changed it makes me really happy whenever im talking to him and he's so much happier.


p.s: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey you guys it's my birthday to today not just jon's!!!=[

I have to do my devo's later i have to go shopping in Sarasota. you know for my BIRTHDAY...TODAY...same as Jon's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is for Lucy--to the tune of Happy Birthday:
Happy birthday to you
Now your birthdays are two!
First when you were a baby
Then when Jesus saved you!

NRW

Anonymous said...

Ok so this passage is talking about how the men saw Jesus do miracles and then they beleved but what we should do is beleve because someone told us about him and what he did on the cross for us and sometimes it takes a tradgedy for someone two accept Jesus so why not just accept because you beleve then if something has to happen and now your missing something or someone in your life and you should beleve.
P.S.Happy Birthday Jon! oh wait thsts me ha!!!!!! lol

Tylermon33 said...

what i got from this was that when the people saw what Jesus did (miracles) they believed in Him, but we shouldn't just need to see His miracles to believe in Him. also Jesus didn't just let the people that saw His miracles believe in Him because He knows our hearts because we are sinners, so He let everybody believe in Him.

PS. happy b-day jon!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica M said...

Short today....mmmmmmm

These three verses are simple and straightforward: Some people in Jerusalem believed in Jesus, but He didn't commit Himself to them.
I belive in Christ like Pastor Lee said because of what I know HE did on the cross for me! And yes we need to stay faithful as well...pray about it!

Short verses short comment!!

WOW this is REALLY short for me I don't what I'm going to do with myself....lol

peace out. see you guys tomorrow in SUNDAAAYYYY SCHOOOOLLLL!!!!! :)

sry Lucy..... happy bday!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Jon, i got 7 more days till mine i cant wait i hope you had fun today,

ok lets see. i notice a lot of things that christ is doing for me everyday. i think its awesome how Jesus die for ME!!!!. scince Jsus has been in my life i have been a noticably happier person and it makes me want to be a better person. God has blessed me with many things.

ok talk more tommoow have fun in church yall. i no it will be hard without me. lol j/k ok bye


p.s.June 1st is my birthday.

Aznricerunr[PN] said...

This is a cool passage its saying that when Jesus was living in jerusalum he did miracles and everyone believed he was Jesus by what he did. It also says that we need to constantly fill our mind with the word of God so that we cannot be tricked by the devil and acting worldly! God has work in my heart when i was at the wilds I was so good and on fire for God and you could tell by how I acted Even Katie told me how much I changed and I like when people recognized that. Pastor Lee has been a big influence on me by telling me everyday to do my devotions and teaching me the right things it feels like I could talk to him about anything.

Rachel☺; said...

happy birthday lucy,jon, and almost ryan.

since mines so far away i guess its my un-birthday like alice in wonderland
:/

--lol i wrote that before i even read youre "UNBIRTHDAY" wishes, ha.


k, well.

Megan, yeah i told my mom you should come to church with us one time its a lot of fun on wednesdays so ill be sure my mom talks to your mom about it sometime. :]

sorry i didnt do these on saturday but there was NOOO way i could; ericas internet is down and i just got home from being with her tonight at like, 10.

well, im makin it up :]

well i think of 'seeing' His works more as a faith-related thing now days because you cant really witness Him doing physical things because Hes no longer physically here in the same way, but the faith you have through your trust in Christ and belief of what you read in in His word can lead you to visible blessings in your life.
Who doesnt want great blessings and a great life? In order to see His works we have to obey Him and have a strong faith that in a way we blss ourselves for having.

Rachel☺; said...

happy birthday lucy,jon, and almost ryan.

since mines so far away i guess its my un-birthday like alice in wonderland
:/

--lol i wrote that before i even read youre "UNBIRTHDAY" wishes, ha.


k, well.

Megan, yeah i told my mom you should come to church with us one time its a lot of fun on wednesdays so ill be sure my mom talks to your mom about it sometime. :]

sorry i didnt do these on saturday but there was NOOO way i could; ericas internet is down and i just got home from being with her tonight at like, 10.

well, im makin it up :]

well i think of 'seeing' His works more as a faith-related thing now days because you cant really witness Him doing physical things because Hes no longer physically here in the same way, but the faith you have through your trust in Christ and belief of what you read in in His word can lead you to visible blessings in your life.
Who doesnt want great blessings and a great life? In order to see His works we have to obey Him and have a strong faith that in a way we blss ourselves for having.

HADOKEN!!! said...

All of these people in Jerusalem believed in Christ because of the things that they saw Him do in their lives. The application is pretty simple: What are the things that Christ has done in your life to make you believe. That event for me was when He gave me the chance to preach with Josh.

Anonymous said...

It's NUTZ how Christ knows our innermost thoughts & feelings...There's been times when i've pretended 2 b what im not & i've got every1 fooled, but i remember GOD knows...hasn't happened lately...a few years ago...there's no need 2 b what im not...

"it's better 2 b hated 4 who u r that 2 b loved 4 what ur not" i got that from a song from Big&Rich(country)

I get my bro 2 tell the truth ALL the time cuz im like "ok! but GOD knows...& that's what matters" & he gets a guilty concious & spills!

but no itz cool how he knows & doesn't judge u 4 it while others...they do/might=[ I can spill my heart out 2 him &...idk...its just a releif that he knows...ya know???

Amy :) said...

I am in Arizona and I will be back on the 19th of June.

Christ in my life showed me that He died on the cross for me and rose again for me and let people that He died for put Him on the cross. And all the miracles that He did to save people's lives. That showed me the main reason that I became a Christian and believe in Christ with my life. Christ is my life.

Kacey! said...

Why I believe? Let's see...Jesus died on the cross for me?!?! That's a big reason why. He felt the pain. I can't even imagine how painful that must have been. And the thing that gets me the most is that He didn't have to do it, but he did because He loves me. Also, everyday I see Him working in my life. I never feel like I'm alone. He's my best friend. I can always talk to Him, and I know that he is listening. He cares for me. Also, He forgives! If He didn't forgive I don't know what I would do.

Gaby said...

ok so this passage says that we need to believe just like everyone else and that god knows our hearts and he knows whether or not be truly belive.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!