TUESDAY, April 15th, 2008

Ephesians 1:15-23

15 Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, 16 do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers:
17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,
18 the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power
20 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,
21 far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.
22 And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church,
23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Paul cares so much about the people of the church at Ephesus that he does not cease to pray for them. In other words he is praying for them every time he thinks about them. In the Red we see Paul tell them that he is praying for them, and then in the orange we see all of the things that Paul prays for. Lets start the convition this way: What friend do you have that you pray for every time you think of them? What friend do you have that you pray for on a weekly basis?...ok What friend do you have that you have EVER prayed for? Well hopefuilly the answer in not "none". It is something that you may not think of often, but it is something that we see here is SO IMPORTANT! Lets take a look at what Paul prays for his friends about.
First Paul prays that they will have Gods wisdom and Revelation: Do you know anyone that might need those things? (If you cant think of someone, THEN PRAY FOR ME THAT WAY!!)
Second, Paul prays that they will have open eyes to see what Gods calling is for their life!
Thirdly, Paul prays that His friends will see the Power of God in their life, and he goes on to explain that they can see that same power that raised God from the dead!!

I need to pray for my friends more!!!!! I think you probably do to!! Lets take 5 minutes after this devotion and make a list of friends we can pray for: whether it be for Salvation, for their spiritual growth, maybe even their family or their job... Whatever the case: take some time and pray for your friends today, and keep that list close by so that you can do it again tomorrow!

9 comments:

weird high school kid said...

Well i already pray for some of my friends on a weekly basis. Oh and I'll add you to my prayer list Pastor Lee. You know all the passage is teaching is that we need to pray more. Not just when we feel like it either, but when we need it. we should be praying to god on a daily basis. We need to make sure that we pray for not only ourselves, but others as well. Oh well gotta go later!!!

Rachel☺; said...

i think this is showing us how Paul prayed and telling us how we should pray that way; for the people around us that God is just waving in our faces to pray for, and also to pray for them often. Sometimes i let it slip my mind but a lot of times when i realize something that needs prayer i think to myself "woah, God, help them!" not too long ago that came into affect when i went to a youth group with a friend and a girl there that she was talking to was acting funny. She later, when we were away from adults told us she was just smoking pot before she came to church! She kept asking if we could notice and i didnt really know what to say to her the rest of the night. She apparently doesthat stuff often :/ I wondered how she could do that, concience free, and her mom was one of the leaders at the church. She ended up getting that friend i went to church with involved in that too and i have been praying for them both ever since. That was something big and i caught on right away that it was solmething i should pray about. It takes me a while to realize the little things i can pray for and i think thats what i need to do more often.

Aznricerunr[PN] said...

in the first part its talking about how to pray for your friends and god will give you the wisdom to talk to your friends about salvation and how to get to heaven. When your thinking about talking to your friends about getting saved you need to talk to them instead of procrastinating all the time. I need to do it more often because i see some of my friends all the time that need prayer and i should pray for them.

Brizzle24 said...

Verses 16-18 made the most sense to me. Like when it says, "I do not cease to give thanks for you, in my prayers." I think that means like always be appreciative of what god has been giving you. Because, "God will give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation." So without giving thanks in prayer maybe you wont be god wont give you the wisdom you need to make better choices. Thats what i got out of these verses.

Amy :) said...

I need to pray for my friends really bad because they all go to a public school and there are alot of influences in the school and I'm afraid that they will not draw away from Christ (what time I am afraid I will trust in thee -Psalm 56:3) I just need to trust in the Lord and pray for my friends not only at the public school but also at my Christian school too.

Jessica M said...

ATTENTION EVERYONE! PRAY FOR MY CAR...THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW :)

God's power! Isn't it amazing? I have always grown knowing that God's power was amazing! But I have seen a lot happen in the last year and a half and God’s faithfulness has really become real to me! That is what's truly amazing! Anyway I just wanted to say that!.....

One of the signs in a good Christian is that he loves other Christians. And this is a sign because Christians can sometimes be unlovable! Paul prayers for in these passages that God would open his eyes to be able to see the world the way Christ does. Also Paul has received good news. He has heard news that makes him believe that Christ is working in the Ephesian church. The churches faith in the Lord Jesus makes Paul drop to his knees in thanksgiving!

I have a really good Christian friend that I would consider my best friend, but she is the only one who at times I have stopped to pray for because she has been such an encouragement in my life. But one friend is not enough! I need to pray for all of them.

Also God is calling me in my life! ME, with all my sins and failures he still calls ME! What is it you want for my life Lord? Show me today!!!

Jon said...

Basically Paul is praying for the church for diffrent reasons and is OBVIOUSLLY is very happy when doing it.

Kacey! said...

These verses are talking about what we can all improve on...praying for other people. Before I go to bed, I pray for my family, friends, Pastor Lee, Katie, Will, and the youth group teens. Then those people remind me of other people, and it continues for a while. It gets to the point where I get really tired and I just say "God, I pray for all the people that I know. That you will give them what they need." I think I need to start earlier, so I can pray for each persons particular need. Prayer is very important!!!

Jillian said...

prayer is such a powerful thing and ther are some people i do pray for on a regular basis and then there are some that i pray for only sometimes or when ever i think of it..
and one thing i have learned about prayer is that sometimes the answer will be no and sometimes it will be yes but we dont always get the answer right away so in the mean time we should be praying for patience too lol
there are alot of days that go by that i dont even pray at all and i try to handel everything on my own and it doesnt work too well but when i pray it makes a difference and you wouldnt think that a little simple prayer asking God to help you with something would make such a difference but it does =]

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!