WEDNESDAY, February 27th, 2008

Proverbs 7:1-9

Pastor Lee:
The idea here is that if we keep Gods commandments then we will live, experienceing the wonderful life God has planned for us. I like the part that says "Bind them upon thy fingers". It reminds me of the boy who tied a string on his finger so He would not forget what his mother told him. Or it would be like when you write something on your hand so that you will not forget it. God says hey, dont forget this! It is important!
The second part of this passage explains what it is like for a young person to fall into immorality. When we are immoral, we are "among the simple ones" and we are "void of understanding". In other words: Sin Makes You Stupid. And when I am living in sin, I make some really stupid decisions. Thank you Lord for your forgiviness in the areas I have failed you and thank you for second chances! Help me not to be"void of understanding", or "simple minded".

1 My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee.
2 Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.
3 Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.
4 Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman:
5 That they may keep thee from the strange woman, from the stranger which flattereth with her words.
6 For at the window of my house I looked through my casement,
7 And beheld among the simple ones, I discerned among the youths, a young man void of understanding,
8 Passing through the street near her corner; and he went the way to her house,
9 In the twilight, in the evening, in the black and dark night:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright this is kyeduto yet again and my stupid account is still not working. Anyways in this passage the lord pretty much conveys for us to NOT FORGET THE COMMANDMENTS. he even goes on to say the old tie a string to your finger thing or like leave a note on the counter. then it goes on to say the dudes that go to sin are S-T-U-P-I-D. I especially think the dude in this passage is really stupid cause he is going to a girl that just flatters guys, at her house, at night, In the twilight, in the evening, in the black and dark night (at about midnight with no lights on at all). hence this is another one of those DO NOT fornicate passages.

Anonymous said...

Dear Suncoast Youth,

keep doing your quiet time. Your youth pastor is awesome to put this online for you. I saw Josh L playing dodgeball at WOL march madness and his arm is like rubber. Anyway hope you guys are doing good. Stay in the Word.

Andy Anderson

HADOKEN!!! said...

In this passage God is telling us straight up "Don't Sin!!!" He says that if we keep His commandments and follow His word than we will live. Now most people know that sin is going to sepparate you from God and if you sin then by the deffinition of DEATH you are dead. So if we keep his commandments and don't sin we will truly live.

Rachel☺; said...

Just like we write notes to ourselves on our hands, we should write Gods word in our hearts and not forget it. They are given to us to live by and make life all-around better, so why disregard them? Remembering to follow the commandments given by the Lord keeps you out of all the stupid and in line with God. (speaking of which i need to use my own advice here when im living my daily life)

Rachel☺; said...

&& pastor lee check your myspace
:]

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!