THURSDAY, April 30th, 2009

Psalm 37



34 Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.
35 I have seen the wicked in great power, and spreading himself like a green bay tree.
36 Yet he passed away, and, lo, he was not: yea, I sought him, but he could not be found.
37 Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.
38 But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off.
39 But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble.
40 And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.

Wait on the Lord!! Sound familiar? Well this is exactly what we talked about last night!! How do I know for sure what God wants me to do??? Well, I must WAIT on Him to make it clear and I must also KEEP HIS WAY!!

It is clear! Follow God and He will make his path for us clear!! What other choices do I have? I can follow the path of the ungodly, the path of the transgressor and if I do then I WILL BE DESTROYED!!

I am so thankful that God has provided salvation for us! God is our strength when we are weak and in trouble!! The Lord God is our HELP!

4 comments:

Godservant said...

Wow that is so wierd, we just talked about this last night like PL said!

Waiting. What do you think about that word? Usually I think of being impatient. Definetly. But whenever you wait on something, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait. Now, when you read that, do you start to get impatient? If you DID READ THAT, that means you were REALLY WANTING to see what I say afterwords.

What I'm trying to say is, If you REALLY REALLY want something that takes time, you WILL WAIT. If you don't want it that bad, you will just say to yourself, "I'm tired of waiting, just screw it."

So, to sum it up, if you REALLY REALLY want the Lord to tell you something, but wait patiently, you will wait, because you are curious to what He will say.

♥Music♫GivesMeLife♥ said...

Yesss wait on the Lord...sort of like looking both ways before crossing the street, and when the way is clear, you go! wait til the Lord's answer is clear to you, and then go in whichever direction it takes you :)
Like I said in yesterday's devotion, I was talking to my friend who I just found out yesterday is an Atheist. Me and my friend Mitchell were talking to him and I actually told him a lot of what Pastor Lee was telling us Wednesday night!
The other day, I had a sort of bad day. But yesterday, I felt so blessed, at least for the later part of the day, because apparently I did something good, and now I can get baptized! and now my mom wants to go to church with me! I'm so happy :)

also, anyone who reads this: if you could, pleaseeee pray for my friend Angela. She's anemic and she's been out of school the past few days because she had surgery to put a port in her. I don't know if she'll be back in school today (Friday), she might, she might not, but she was in a lot of pain and taking a lot of medicine last I talked to her. Thank you :)

AngelWings said...

I love these verses because they are so important!, and I agree, it was exactly what Pastor Lee was saying the other night sometimes you have to wait a while to make big decisions in life that you know will be hard, but if you call on God, he will truly bless you and help aid you in the right direction. For Example, this year I had to choose between two VERY important things to me :Art and Music. It was so difficult and I finally got the correct answer(Art) because I asked God if he could help me with it and he did:) It was a blessing, so now I know I am heading in the right direction so I can achieve with his words and grace and that is what is important to me. I want my heart to be focused on God because he has blessed me with so many things. So if we just wait and be patient, God will give us all of the answers we need in life.
P.S. Emily, I'm so glad that we will be getting baptized!! :D
~Victoria

♥Music♫GivesMeLife♥ said...

OH YES! *internetfive*

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!