MONDAY, March 2nd, 2009

Hey guys! I hope you had a great monday! Well, let's continue our study through the book of Hebrews!

Hebrews 4:1-8

1 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: “ So I swore in My wrath, ‘ They shall not enter My rest, although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4 For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”;
5 and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”
6 Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience,
7 again He designates a certain day, saying in David, “Today,” after such a long time, as it has been said: “ Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts.”
8 For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day.

this is a little tricky, but there is definitely a great illustration in the midst... the focus here is clearly on rest. Something we all enjoy, some a little more than others...

Have you ever been tired? Last night, I was so tired! I do not remember being as tired as I was last night, I just wanted to go home and go straight to bed!I was craving rest! I did not want to stay up and watch tv, I did not want to go play a game, I did not even want to go on facebook and check my mobwars! I just wanted to go get some rest!

Well, the fact is there are times in life where we just need that rest, we need to catch up on rest... God himself gave us an example by resting (even when he did not need to) on the seventh day of creation! We need rest. I am getting tired just thinking about all of this rest...

I think one other point that could be added in here is this: Have you ever had trouble sleeping? Maybe you were stressed about something? Maybe you were gguilty about something, whatever the case is, many times, when we do not trust God or Obey God like we should, our sleep (or rest) life shows it.

Maybe you are not getting sleep like you need these days, well it is probably one of three things: 1. You are not disciplined enough to turn off the tv (or video game) and go to bed.
2. You are stressed about something that you should just trust God with.
3. You are guilty about something that you should ask forgiveness for.

Now, I know that there are possible other reasons, like health issues and stuff, but these are the main ones that I wanted to address today!

GO TO SLEEP!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh so were talking about the "sleep" lecture! my mom gives me those all the time! cuz im always dozing off when im with her so she always tells me to disconnect everything before i go to bed!
but it actually does help cuz i go to sleep faster than when mu heads clogged with u unnessisary things! or however you spell it! lol
but you do need your sleep, i heard you can die without sleep! haha i hope not!

Godservant said...

This is my favorite passage ever! I LOVE to sleep! I guess you could say it's a hobby for me besides chess. But sometimes, I just like to stay up late and do some things, like playing chess or mob wars (: or chores that should have been done hours earlier.You know what, I think I might go to bed now; I'm so tired all the time, and I definetly am now since i'm talkin' about it. Goodnight and pray as you walk into bed. It helps. Trust me.

McCue said...

I read the passage and I really want to get into it but I am exhasuted. Tomorrow I'll post.
Please pray for my Mother who is having back surgery tomorrow.
Also my father is stressed about some family issues and his health is potentially at risk so please pray for him. Finally Mrs. Waldheim at my old church Aloma Baptist is in a coma after having a heart attack the other day so please pray for her.

Daemis WolfBorn said...

Man I could sleep 15 hours a day, but I would get nothing done then. Tomorrow im going to be sleep deprived sense im staying up late which isnt good at all!

Hey Pastor Lee what ever happened to Josh Sandefur? The reason why I ask this is because I have seen him in the hallways the passed few days being picked on by a group of kids in his class. There like trying to provoke to fight him, and its kinda starting to anger me at the sametime. I think i might have to do something about it. Why does everybody hate him, I mean he is annoying but thats no reason to bully someone am I right?

Bullying is one of my biggest pet peves if i see it being done to someone I kinda snap.

Mccue I will pray for your family!

~David Wolf Deller

Daemis WolfBorn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McCue said...

Well. After reading this a couple times I'm starting to find a different meaning in it. I think the emphasis is on rest but rest being the promise of salvation and a peace resting on our souls. Verses 1 and 2 say to me that since there is promise of salvation and rest in His kingdom we should fear being separate from him. verse 2 says the message of eternal rest was taught to ys and we had the faith to trust it but in the fearful they did not believe. Verse 3 is a little curious.I believe it refers to the ones that do not put trust in God. "...They shall not enter My rest,..." This thing begins to become one large analogy. In verse 7 those to whom the message of salvation was preached might have hardened their hearts. Christ came and was the day where we could finally have a promise of rest. In verse 8 the passage refers to Joshua and he did not give them promise for rest but spoke of a day when there would be promise of eternal rest in God's Kingdom. If this is all literal then sweet. But if anybody has thoughts share them. We have a glorious promise of salvation so that one day I can gaze upon the throne of the King.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!