WEDNESDAY, January 21st, 2009

Today is the first day of the missions conference!! It is so important that you come tonight! It will be a fantastic time together! I guarantee it! Remember: If you are in the skit: Be at church by 5:30PM!!! Thanks!

Psalm 17

8 Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,
9 From the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who compass me about.
10 They are inclosed in their own fat: with their mouth they speak proudly.
11 They have now compassed us in our steps: they have set their eyes bowing down to the earth;
12 Like as a lion that is greedy of his prey, and as it were a young lion lurking in secret places.
13 Arise, O LORD, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, which is thy sword:
14 From men which are thy hand, O LORD, from men of the world, which have their portion in this life, and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid treasure: they are full of children, and leave the rest of their substance to their babes.
15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

Wow! Verse 11-13 teach us an incredible truth... Our enemy, is like a GREEDY LION!!! He wants to DEVOUR US!!! Our enemy wants to destroy us, our families, our future, our potential, and our relationship with God... The question is: Will we let him destroy it, or will we call out to God like we see here in verse 13. I love the words: DISAPPOINT HIM!!!!! We should ask God to disappoint the devil because of our success in Gods eyes!! Have you ever tried to accomplish something and when you did not accomplish it, you were disappointed?!?! Well, that is normal! That is why we should live our life for God so that Satan will be dissapointed! He failed once again!!

The last phrase in this passage is probably the most powerful to me! I SHALL BE SATISFIED, WHEN I AWAKE WITH THY LIKENESS!!!!!

We will not experience true happiness, true satisfaction until we are striving to wake up in His likeness!!!! We need to look like Christ! Not physically, but through our actions!!!!

8 comments:

Bethany said...

Yah...first one!!

Anyway I agree that this is a very powerful passage! I think it's neat that we can ask God to dissapoint Satin. Satin is powerful, but NOT as powerful as God. If he tries to devower us we can just pray and ask God to get rid of satin and he will. He will defeat him:)

Godservant said...

Technically, Satan is already defeated, he's just trying to get as many people on his side as possible; by lying to them. He cheats. But God already defeated him, even when Satan cheated! Talk about power! Unfourtunatly though, Satan's lies SEEM like they are more powerful than God's Truth. Why? Because Satan feeds them lies that satisfy theirself- to do what THEY want. Listen, the way Satan's strategy is, he doesn't care if people worship him, he just doesn't want anyone to worship God. Good News, they will all fail in the very end and regret having rejected what you told them about Christ, and we will live forever and ever in God's presence!

McCue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McCue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McCue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McCue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McCue said...

Lee you really gotta call me back sometimes man!! lol anyway I like this passage because It portrays the enemy as a lion and even a young lion lurking in secret places. It's funny because Satan can use certain things to stunt our growth in God! and without us realizing we are backsliding. He constantly tries to trip us up and sometimes, unless we are relying on God to clear our vision, we might not see what is holding us back. I agree with P Lee though where he said disappoint our enemy. What better way to win a battle with Satan than to do God's will and prevail through temptation. To leave us David writes about striving to attain righteousness. That's my goal I want to be more and more like J.C.!

Lee we need to get together like
soon!
-Michael McCue

McCue said...

BAH ITS 8 34 am and I want to do devos!!! But I can't because this is yesterdays blog!!!!

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!