MONDAY, January 19th, 2009

Hey Guys! I am so glad that you decided to come to DOYOURDEVOTIONS.COM
I am sure that today will be a great passage out of the Bible for us to look at and think about. Before we start I have a few announcements: TODAY WE ARE MEETING AT THE CHURCH AT 6:30pm to practice for the skit on Wednesday Night. We need more help, so if you can make it tonight at 6:30 then PLEASE COME!!! We will find something for you to do! Thank you! See you tonight!

Psalm 16

1 Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.

2 O my soul, thou hast said unto the LORD, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendeth not to thee;

3 But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight.

4 Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips.

5 The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.

6 The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.

7 I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.

8 I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

There are several great thoughts in this passage! I love the very first verse: Preserve me O God, in thee do I put my trust! What does that mean? Well, we put preservatives in food so that they do not "get bad". The idea is that we need God to be our preservative so that we do not go bad. With Gods strength and wisdom we will stay on the track, or the "path of life" that we see throughout the rest of this passage!

Verse 4 is powerful! It tells us that if we choose to put other idols or "gods" in our life instead of the ONE TRUE GOD then we will have sorrows in our life... and not just one or two... we will have multiplied sorrows!! Let's Keep God #1!!!

I LOVE THE LAST VERSE!!! In thy presence there is fulness of JOY and at thy right hand are PLEASURES FOREVERMORE!!!! Think about this: people get involved with premarital sex because they want pleasure, people get involved with Drugs, because they want pleasure, much of our sin is because of our desire for pleasure... THE PROBLEM is that when we seek pleasure away from God, it is all temporary pleasure with horrible consequences of Guilt and other pain... SO: If we want real, undying pleasure then we must seek pleasure in our relationship with God...

WHERE WE WILL FIND PLEASURE FOREVERMORE!!!!!!


9 comments:

Godservant said...

AMEN! Something that applies here is we all need to think before we act. We think, "I accept God, I have eternal life and joy with the Lord. I do drugs, I have some pleasure, but most likely get caught and screw up my life. I have early sex..." The list goes on about negative and positive cosequences from good and bad choices in life. Make the right one. You know you want to.

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

this passage at the end is telling us that no matter what. god will help us through the tough times :)

it says in the last verse that god will shew us through the path of life... which now-a-days... isnt to good. its nice to know that we have someone like that to help us through it.

Tylermon33 said...

I like verse 4 when it says-their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god-meaning that if you follow a God that isn't the Christ then your sorrows will be a lot worse then they already are. also why would you want to follow another god when Christ is the God of peace and love...which is all you need. so if you want to be happy and not be sorrowful then follow God and you will be blessed.

Anonymous said...

SO EXCITED ABOUT THE SKIT WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jonathan Massey ^ ^ ^

Mallory B (basketball team) said...

WOW!! I like this passage. I love the example you gave about the food not going bad and how we need God in our life to keep us from going bad! Verse four also stuck out to me. Its saying how if we go after some other idol besides God then our sorrows will be multiplied greatly. That i think is a powerful verse. I love the last verse because it speaks clearly on how if we want pleasure without any consequences after then we need to go after God!!! bye and i like the skit we are doing.

McCue said...

tired... wish I had done this this morning instead of now. My favorite thing in this passage is "In thy presence is fulness and joy" I am not ever happier then when I God fills me with the joy of the holy spirit. Nothing else cuts it. Nothing else will be there for you or make you feel as good as Jesus Christ's love. And verse one where "preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust." sweet stuff
ugh sleepy.

Rachel☺; said...

I got ready for school early this morning, so (:
i came on.

and i will try my HARDEST to be at the church tonight at 6:30.
it depends if my mom will drive me straight from school because i have rehearsal today too.
im pretty sure ill get there though.


Thats pretty cool; the preservative thing. Never thought of that.

Ive noticed it to be true too. When you really do trust God you dont want to do bad things as strongly as someone who thinks that just winging teen life does, because like it says later in the passage;youre happy being good!
(thats what i try to tell Erica, but shes sooo stubborn)

Not only will you become happy ''being good'', God blesses us for it, so why not?



okay so i have to RUNNN.
have a good day guys!

Anonymous said...

Rachel, it's SO good to see you back in here. Praying for you daily!
Mrs. W.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!