TUESDAY, January 20th, 2009

Well, today is the first day the Obama administration. God's Word says we need to respect the leader, and more importantly pray for him. This country is in a big hole and we need to pray, because that is the only way to get out of this recession. Well onto Psalm 17! I didn't give all of it to you guys, 'cause I didn't want to overwhelm anyone.

Psalm 17

1 Hear the right, O LORD, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips.
2 Let my sentence come forth from thy presence; let thine eyes behold the things that are equal.
3 Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.
4 Concerning the works of men, by the word of thy lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer.
5 Hold up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not.
6 I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech.
7 Shew thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou that savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee from those that rise up against them.

5 comments:

Godservant said...

David is saying that God will hear us when we cry out for Him. When life seems bleak, when nothin' else works, call to God and you will not be disapointed! It also said in verse 4 that we are able to resist Satan by His words! What in the world does that mean you ask?! Well it means, like James 4:7 says, "Submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." If we engulf ourselves in God's Word, and do what it says, then Satan will eventually give up because the power of the Lord is stronger than evil forces. In easiar terms, listen to God's words and you will not regret it.

McCue said...

You know David is inspiring. He's got an amazing heart for God. What strikes me most about this passage is when David says in verse 3 "Thou has proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress" How sweet is that. He's like check it out I've been tried and with God's help I've succeeded through it all. He makes an oath to himself I'll not let my mouth do any sin. Today I ask God to give me David's strength that I would be as strong as David so that when I am tried I call on the Lord and he gives me strength to get through without fail.

McCue said...

btw where has Pastor Lee been?

Godservant said...

McCue, he said he was busy. With what? I think church papers stuff.

Rachel☺; said...

i like what Michael (McCue) said a lot, im not very original tonight but what seems to be the recent tyhemme is how God is a super strength when we need Him to be if we trust Him.

very short, im sorry, but im EXHAUSTED everythings all cloudy cause im so tired, lol


GOOOODnightt

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!