TUESDAY, December 9th, 2008

Hey everyone! Sorry that we missed yesterday! I was in an airport for most of the day and then when I finally got out of the airport I was so tired that I slept until dinner then spent some time with family and then went back to bed again! I am very sick, so if you think about it please say a prayer for me! I would love to get beeter like: TODAY!!!!

Well, I will make sure that I have time to come on here everyday and post some kind of Devotions (even all the way up here in Rhode Island) If I cannot make it on Saturday then I am hoping that Michael willl be able to make it up for me!

Well, the next chapter is one that we have looked at several times in youth group, and it is a VERY IMPORTANT PASSAGE!!!! Think about this: WHAT IS LOVE?

That is such an important question? There are many different definitions, but none define the word Love like we see it defined here in I Corinthians 13. This is a great passage and one that each of you should memorize so that when you are wondering if that special person really "loves" you, this passage will make it clear... or if you are wondering if you really "love" that person... this passage will make it clear... onto I Corinthians 13

REMEMBER: Anytime the word Charity is used in this passage you can switch it for the word: "LOVE"

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

This is one of my most favorite passages in the Bible! I love the way that God defines Love in this chapter... There were quite a few times in my life where I thought that I was "in love" with some girl... but the truth is I was not. The reason I know this is because although I really liked the person, I did not "suffer long" I did not "rejoice in truth" I did not believe all things, and on and on...

There are even a few couples I can think of right now that are even married but they do not really love each other... They may say it, but the truth is, their actions do not show it! There is so much power in the words of this chapter!

If someone is telling you they love you, and they are trying to get you to sin, this passage says... they dont really love you instead they love themselves! Maybe you are in a relationship where someone is always getting mad at you? or maybe you are getting mad at someone else all the time! ... is that longsuffering? That word simply means you are willing to "suffer long" because of someone.

When someone wants a divorce they have decided not to be longsuffering anymore... when someone fights back in an argument, it is because they have decided that they deserve better and they do not want to suffer anymore...

Love beareth ALL THINGS, BELIEVETH ALL THINGS, Hopes (the best) in ALL THINGS, and best of all: LOVE ENDURETH ALL THINGS!!!

Mayabe you are sitting there saying: I have never seen a love like that... well, we have a perfect example in Jesus Christ! He beareth all things for you, and he endures all things for YOU!!!!! Thank you God for loving us!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow cool passage. I never really heard a definition of love like that before! Well I can say I see fake love all the time at school and around me. Like oh i'm in love with you and i'm never gonna let you go. then the next week they break up. Love is a strong thing and you shouLdn't play with your heart like that. If you really do love someone like the passage says you wanna be with that person forever, no matter what.

Godservant said...

Sorry for not posting yesterday, PL. I am so sick i cant even walk. im surprised im even on here. I have no clue how i was able to get to school, but watever.

Love is a word we and others use in our daily lives, but we take it for granted, because we think about it all the time. but bible says its more complex than we think.

Rachel☺; said...

Michael; feel better! and holy cow, im feeling it too.
Im achy ALL OVER, feel super warm/ feverish, and have a huge phleghmy cough.
D:
Well the saying "LOVE IS A STRONG WORD" is apparently very true, it says here.
I know theres a lot of really messed up definitions of love floating around, especially in my household, but the bible reminds us of what ot REALLY is and gives us the perfect example.
You cant compromise the sacrifice Jesus made out of ultimate love, so therefore you cant alter the bibles definition of love either.
Also, if love requires so much, i doubt its a frequent thing.
Jesus death for us was a sealed one time deal; the perfect demonstration. If you are going to love someone you have to ALWAYS look out for their best interests first, like Jesus did for us.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!