FRIDAY, December 12th, 2008

Hey guys! It looks like everyone but Michael has faded away... Thanks for being faithful Michael... Rachel, are you still sick? I have been praying for you guys! I will be back tomorrow!

See you in church on Sunday!

I Corinthians 15

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,
5 and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve.
6 After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep.
7 After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles.
8 Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.
9 For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
11 Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

The Risen Christ, Our Hope
12 Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?
13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen.
14 And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty.
15 Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the dead do not rise.
16 For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen.
17 And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins!
18 Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.
19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable.

The Last Enemy Destroyed
20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.
23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming.
24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power.
25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet.
26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.
27 For “He has put all things under His feet." But when He says “all things are put under Him,” it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted.
28 Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

I think you can tell which verse jumped out at me the most!! Verse 22 explains to us that because Adam sinned, all men have sinned! When Adam chose to sin, his sin passed from father to son all the way to you!! But when Christ died, He reversed what Adams sin did! Christs death made it so that all men could have eternal life!! (If you accept it!)

I also love verse 10 where it says: I am what I am by the grace of God!!! That is definitely my testimony! Grace is "God giving us what we do not deserve" and I have been given so much that I do not deserve!!!! So I too could say: I am what I am because of the grace of God! Thank you Lord for your Amazing Grace!!

3 comments:

Godservant said...

Why does PL always post the good chapters? The middle part is talking about the ressurection of His death and ours. Its saying that if we don't believe the Ressurection is true, then all our faith is in vain! Jesus rising from the dead is like the cornerstone of all Christianity!! Without it, there would be no Christians, no hope, no God, no humans. Its just as important as... nothing is equally important to His death and ressurection.

Yeah I'm still a little sick, but getting better. PL, I think Rachel is sick too 'cause she told me she felt the same way I did. Well, a few days ago.

weird high school kid said...

UMM EXCUSE ME SIR PASTOR LEE!!! I'm still here, or at least I think I am. Anyway anybody that reads this come and see the parade in North Port on north port BLVD at 1800 or 6:00 p.m. for you civillians. I will be in ti spinning my rifle in my R.O.T.C. uniform.

So as for the devos... Awww verse 9 is so sad. Paul thinks of himself not as worthy as the other apostles since he did that whole deny christ three times thing. Well Paul I must say you are deffinately the coolest and the best in my opinion since it hardly mentioned the others at all, and if anything Judas would be the one that doesn't deserve to be an apostle.
Verse 22 is kinda like a friendly reminder for christans and somewhat of a wake up call for those who aren't. It pretty much says "Hey if you were born of Adam's lineage then your gonna die, and if you are born of christ he will raise you from the grave to be with him eternaly."
??? verse 26 is kinda confusing. I always thought the last bad dude for god to lay a beat down on was Satan not death. I guess though its kinda similar since I've Satan reffered to as the father of sin, and sin brings upon death so...

Sorry if I haven't been totally faithfull in the past week, but like I said I was working non-stop, but like I didn't earlier say that's no excuse and I'm sorry for it.

BYE-BEE

Anonymous said...

Wow we all need to get back to our devotions. I need to remember to put God first in my life before other things. anyways hope your trip went good Pastor Lee! Have a safe trip in the morning!

I like verse 9 and 10 because he is confessing his sin that didnt put him where he wanted to be. He probably would have wanted to be called an apostle but doesnt think hes worthy enought to be for what he did. But then he says by the grace of God I am what I am. I really like that attitude and quote. I could definitely agree Pastor Lee and say I have alot that I dont deserve. Arould Christmas I always feel like I shouldnt even get any presents because I dont deserve them. Im very thankful that by Gods grace I am what I am. as usual i hope this makes sense im way too tired to think rite now so im goin to go to bed. nite

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!