TUESDAY, July 1st, 2008

Happy July 1st!! I LOVE THE MONTH OF JULY! It is by far the greatest month for several reasons: summer, fireworks, my birthday... I could go on, but you get the picture! :) Lets have a GREAT month of devotions! Stay faithful and hold each other accountable!

Call up a few of your friends and tell them: "DO YOUR DEVOTIONS... DOT COM"

Ok, so a few thoughts from yesterday:
Jessica B: I am so glad that you are home! We missed you on the rewards trip!
Gaby: Did you have efun at the movies last night? You need to try to get Jessica Staley on here with us!
Kacey: Good to see you girl! We missed you and Jill Sunday night! It was an awesome Barbecue!!
Josh L: Good job on the devotion: I especially like the part where you said: "Jesus died doe the people with low I.Q.'s and high I.Q.'s..." so anyway... I dont need a truck and trailer for that jetski! It is so fast, I will just rdrive it everywhere I go, I just have to figure out how to strap Will in it somehow! (by the way, that Jet ski is faster that a Ferrari!! Go watch the video... they race!!)
Kervin: WOW!!! GREAT JOB MAN! I like it! I think they are not to wise to take such a bold staement so lightly either! And good job saying: "none of Christs miracles were evil, How could he be posessed bya demon!" Smart Thinkin'!!
Jessica Massey: We have missed you on here! It is about time that you join us again! Did you have fun last night? Thanks for doing your devotions!

John 10:

22 Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter.
23 And Jesus walked in the temple, in Solomon’s porch.
24 Then the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, “How long do You keep us in doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.”
25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me.
26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you.
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.
30 I and My Father are one.”

I dont know about you, but I am really getting a different understanding of the earthly ministry of Christ. I use to think that He spent the first few years of His ministry being worshipped every where He went... Having people love on Him and welcome Him to their towns. But it was not nearly that exciting, Jesus was constantly trying to teach the pharasaical hypocrites that He really was the son of God.

Christ went through all of this annoying debate with his CREATION about whether or not he was truely their creator! Think about that! I always like to put it into application with playdough.

Imagine with me if I were to create little tiny humans out of playdough, and then AFTER I GAVE THEM LIFE, I went down to talk to them, and they would not believe that I was their creator... I tell you what I would do, I would go out and by one of those spaghetti playdough makers and I would put each one of them into it, and make a delicious plate of playdough spaghetti. BUT JESUS DOES NOT DO THAT! HE DIES FOR US! In the words of Jeff LaPerriere Yesterday: WOW!!

Verses 24 and 25 are almost unbelievable! Think about this! the pharisees tell Jesus: "ok, we are serious now, tell us if you really are the son of God". Jesus tells them, I HAVE ALREADY TOLD YOU OVER AND OVER BUT YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE!!!!!!!

We are the exact same way: Christ tells us to avoid sin in His word, but we don't... Christ tells us to love others without judging, but we don't... Christ tells us to be Holy as He is Holy, but we disobey... It is easy to judge these pharisees, but we need to make sure that we are not doing exactly what they were doing: Being Hypocrites!

Stay faithful this week! Dont forget to type out a personal application and not just the plot of the story that we read! Keep up the good work!

19 comments:

weird high school kid said...

Faster than a ferrari pfft yeah right.
You know its starting to seem as though 10% od the bible is of ignorant people asking jesus if he is their savior. So anyways jesus says that he has proved himself over and over, but you people just do not believe. So I guess these people just aren't cool enough to be in jesus' pasture where there is food, love, care, and like a 59 foot concrete wall with razorwire sentry towers heat detecting machine guns all on top to ensure our safety so that nobody can take us sheep.

Anonymous said...

Yeah i'm first again!!! okay so last night i saw like half the youth group at the movies it was pretty cool.

what stick out to me in this passage is verses 27-30.first jesus basicaly says that the people who here him follow him and get saved.then he says once we are saved we are 4 good!!and then to finish us off he say me and me
father are one. WOW WOW WOW!!!

Anonymous said...

oh wait he beat me!!!!!

Anonymous said...

te-he-he Josh, that's funny...

so it's basically as simple as don't b hypocrits!We see the Pharisies in ALL these passages & r all like "wow they're SOOO ignorant & i cant believe they keep disobeying/not believeing he IS Christ" we see a perfect examle of what NOT 2b/how 2 act...

& YET!!! right after u do ur devo's...20 min. later ur being just like them...(u may or may not...im just sayin)

these passages r showing us how ridiculas these people r cuz they continue NOT 2 beleive & b un christ-like...as u see when they're like

"yo home-skillet...b straight up dog...r u the son of the big Cheese who controlls this joint up in here?"-lol-

so these passages r basically screamin out 2 us DONT B LIKE THEM...

APPLICATION: DONT b like the Pharassies...practice what u preach, give up EVERYTHING, & follow in the footsteps of CHRIST so ur not stuck 4EVER in hell like these tards...

Anonymous said...

WOW that was the most best game of football i ever had my arms are still sore for when joe through the ball at me and i dropped it

Kacey! said...

You are right Pastor Lee. I'm reading this and I can't believe that the people still don't believe even after Jesus said many times that He is the Son of God. I do the same thing with obeying, judging, and lying. God's word clearly says to not do that stuff and yet I do. This passage opened my eyes to that.

weird high school kid said...

Sorry Jess maybe you can be first next time. So Pastor Lee I just noticed how you think July is the best month, but I definately have to disagree. I think the best month is decmber the month where family comes together. Its a time where we can be relieved of the Florida heat. When awesome christmas movies come out, but most immportantly its when many more people will come to church. So since this is the only time when they'll go to church that is when we can teach them about god and possibly make a christian out of them.

Rachel☺; said...

IM BACKK!!, & i justt woke up :]
i hope someone missed me.
we got home super late lastnight; our flight was delayed twice and we waited all day. But it was the best trip ive ever had so it was worth it.
Give me a few days but ill make everything up (:
Well, ive missed some days but it seems like were STILL talking about ignorant people.
But, maybe the point is to see how ridiculous they are being and compare it to ourselves. Are we crticizing them but also mimicking them?
If we are as oblivious as they were, we wouldnt even realize just what we are/were doing!
I can think of times where i wasnt trusting God in something that i shouldve, and if you think about it, it applies there too.
We shouldnt ever think Gods way could be wrong or that if we do as He says, that it might turn out bad, which i do sometimes. :/
So, instead of criticizing when these people were at fault, we think about our own.

Aznricerunr[PN] said...

A bunch of teens went and watched the hulk last night and idk but I didn't think it was that amazing there wasn't enough action and in the first one he got bigger the madder he got and he didn't in this one. This movie was better made but I liked the first one better.

When r these Jews going to learn that you cant argue with Jesus and win. As soon as the Jews see him they tell him that hes playing a game with them and that he just needs to tell them straight up that he is Jesus. Jesus then goes and says that the I do should prove me true. He said you cannot believe me truly until you are my sheep or one of my children(a Christian). Just like on Sunday in Sunday school pastor lee talked about how we are sheep and he will do anything to protect us and gives us the best, thats what he tells the Jews he would do if they believed in him. The Jews don't even want to believe in him because they are ignorant and they will regret it in the end. We will also regret it if we don't get saved and start believing in him.

McCue said...

I love july because I think about how wonderful this country is and of course I won't actually be able to celebrate july 4th much but hey I remember that this nation was forged on principles from god's word and its terrible how much this country has lost sight of that. Anyway so jesus here is being interogated once again. What I get out of this is that jesus testifies his greatness everyday and turning our backs on what he wants of us or ever doubting him is really ludicrous. I had a hard time last night because we were all having a good time doing bus interviews. I ask a smart allack question and the drum major goes off and I really don't know whether he was kidding or not but he's insulted my intelligence and the corps I was previously in. The boston crusaders. So then I felt pretty bad. Anyway I still don't know whether I should confront him about it or forget about it. Pastor lee what do you think? I miss you all think about what kind of country that america is supposed to be the view of the american dream has been twisted we need to get back to the ideals our forefathers wanted us to have.

Jillian said...

well me being a christian i dont understand how people can doubt God after all the things he had done for us but i guess if your not chriatians like the people in ths passage it would be harder to not doubt God
these people are pretty stupid i mean hes done things over and over again and still they dont believe wow

Anonymous said...

WOW ! How can the people not believe Him when he has done so many miracles and they have worked , like healing the blind , and other stuff ! To me , that is just so AMAZING !! Sometimes I do wrong things to people that hurt me , and I sometimes dont think of anything except getting back at that person . But if I prayed about things when it happens then that won't always happen !
I forget about forgivness and that God can take away my sins . And only He can do that , so that is another reason to believe in Him ! There is so many things that He can do and we wouldn't believe . So next time people doubt Him they should really think .
- Grace

Jessica M said...

Yeah I did have funnn last night!! I always enjoy hanging out with the older youth group!!

Christ is the one who has asked us to just believe. We make ourselves to doubt HIM. I know that the Jews were trying to get Jesus to commit blasphemy that is what these people had been trying to do all along and eventually ended up killing Christ. Jesus also told them that they do not believe because they are not HIS sheep. And He also speaks of how if you are a child of God than your right to make choices will never be taken away from you and you will never perish.

Jesus wanted them to believe in Him and He wants us to believe as well. Let us try not to be judgmental of others. Let’s do everything we can to try to avoid that and love others even if they don’t BELIEVE. Like I said before we make ourselves doubt! But why? We can see or at least I have seen God be there time after time and consistently faithful! What are we waiting for to become consistent for HIM??!!

peace outttt -->

Tylermon33 said...

well this starts out by the pharasies saying that they are ready to know the truth. then Jesus says I have been telling you the truth and you still don't believe. then He goes on to say that you don't believe because you aren't my sheep, my sheep follow me, hear my word, listed to me, have everlasting life, and no one can snach them out of Jesus hand or the Father's because the Father gave them to Jesus, and Jesus and the Father are one.....WOW. so we need to become one of God's sheep and to do that we need to believe in Jesus, that sounds simple enough. to have true happiness and joy in our lives we need to believe and follow Jesus Christ. also when i was little my teachers taught me the way to true happiness was to put Jesus first in our lives then Others and finally we put our selves (You) last...Jesus, Others, You (JOY).


i did my devos. today for yesterday...just letting you know.

Anonymous said...

Jesus says that he has proved himself over and over again but they still do not believe even though they have heard that he did such incredible miracles.I think thats pretty ignorant of them. Jesus starts talk to them and says that the people who believe in him are sheep and sheep aren't perfect and neither are we.Under Jesus we don't need anything else and no one can ever take us away from him.In Jesus pasture there are no wolves. We will die physically but under Jesus we will not die spirtually. Some people in the bible are ignorant fools.


I love july because of the 4th of july because my neighbor makes really good hamburgers. YUMMY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think that God says we are his sheep because sheep can't protect themselves from danger such as wolves just as we can't protect ourselves from danger such as sin. Every Sunday Pastor Chip asks everyone if they're 100 percent sure that their going to heaven because any doubt would put us in the same class as those Jews. I think it's much more satisfying to know that your creation chose to believe in you and to follow your will instead of being programmed to.

Anonymous said...

Ok so the diciples say to Jesus tell us the truth are you really the saivor are your works really of God i mean cmon r u dumb my mom could see that Jesus was the saivor and Jesu says why do u not know r u not followers of me becaus eif u r u will not be pluked from my and its just like us we need 2 have more faith in Jesus like i have a good example yesterday i was with my grandma and granpa and my grandpa was having BAD chest pains and he had had a BAD heart attak 10 years ago so i was scared and the ambulance came and it was scary and if i didnt have my faith i dont know what i would have done and so thats why we need to have some faith.
P.S. PASTOR LEE THANK YOU FOR COMING TO THE HOSPITAL YESTERDAY THAT MADE ME FEEL GREAT AND I FEEL BLESEED THAT U DID THAT! AND IM DOING THIS IN CAPITAL LETTERS BECAUSE IM HAPPY!!!!!!.

Anonymous said...

jessica and jon,
God bless your family!!!!!

Amy :) said...

Yeah Jesus told them that He was the Messiah over and over and over again but they didnt beleive Him even after all the miracles that He has done for them. Wow that is kind of sad that Jesus wants them to beleive Him but they dont. They are missing out then because on Jesus's side He has warmth and care and **Bonus: He even is the shepard that takes care of His sheep.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!