WEDNESDAY, February 20th, 2008

Come To Church Tonight!

James 4:11-17

Pastor Lee:
Three main lessons I got from this:
1. Dont talk bad about other people! You have no right to judge others. The only one that has any right to judge is the one who made all the laws, and that is Christ alone.
2. You dont know what will happen tomorrow, you dont know if you will be alive, if your family will be alive, who knows? live TODAY as if it were your last. Serve the Lord because your life will be over before you know it. It is like a vapor.
3. If I am convicted to do something and I dont do it, then I am sinning. If I Know I am supposed to do something good, but I dont do it. It is wrong. (LIKE GOING TO CHURCH) :)
What did you get from this?

11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?
13 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:
14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.
17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanx Pastor Lee. To be honest I am loving these devotionals, they are the most convenient thing for me at least. So I think all three lessons are awesome. To not speak ill of a brother, to not judge, that is a tough one. I have many friends that like to gossip about other friends I have, or just people i know of. In these cases I find myself many times falling in with the them and gossiping. For It's something I can improve on. In most cases I really try to say "no, guys lets not talk about that, or its not my place." And it isn't to judge other is The Lord's place alone as Pastor Lee said.
As for the lesson about the uncertainty of the future.
I am a selfish person. The majority of the time my mind is on what can I do for myself. How can i aspire. How can get what I want. This is even harder than the former lesson for me to be able to understand that with life as short as it is, with so many things we're UNCERTAIN of, there is only one thing we can be certain of and that is God and his teachings through the word. It is important to realize that our world revolves around God's Will, not our own.

HADOKEN!!! said...

Basicly this passage says that we souldn't be quick to judge somebody because we have no right to. We are all sinners and the only one who can judge us is God. It gos on to say that we never know what tomarrow holds for us and we must be prepaired because life is so shot it is like a vapor in the wind. And finnaly it tells us to be weary(don't know if I spelled that right.) because if we know better and we still do wrong we are sinners.
We can apply these things to our lives by thinking before we act. Now that you've read this you can't judge people because you know better and that would be sin. Also always live your life to the fullest and realize that we could die at any time... Wow dreary way to end a devotion so I'll brighten it up with two little words... CHUCK NORRIS!

Rachel☺; said...

Wow, this one makes a whole lottaa sense; it applies daily to whenever you think something of someone, no matter what it is! We are just the same as the people we judge, and surely have as many flaws; whether you like to accept it or not. Only the One who is the maker of the flawed is to judge, (God) because honestly, he is the only one that is flawLESS . You cannot be a follower of the word, which tells us not to judge, and be judgemental of it because it is not your place to do so. It not only makes you a hypocrite, but you are taking over a job that you are far from worthy of.
Also, i see that if the Lord is telling you to do something, and you dont do it, it is a sin. God obviously wants to use you, so let him. Sometimes God just lets you think up yourself, what you need to do and choose, so when you are really strongly convicted, its a big sign; a good one but even more important for you to follow.

weird high school kid said...

O.k. pretty much it says do not judge others. I can completely understand though why we shouldn't since its kinda like if we judge others it would be like a judge from the supreme court murdering, robbing banks, or something like that it would be ridiculous for us to be judging since god is the only one that should be judging us. Also the last part saying hey if you know you should do something you need to do it otherwise it is sin.

Pastor Lee said...

excellent job ya'll! I am so extremely impressed!

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!