WEDNESDAY, May,27th, 2009

Hey guys, make sure you are at church tonight for a great game and sermon from Pastor Lee!


Proverbs 4


1 Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding.
2 For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.
3 For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother.
4 He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.
5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.
6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.
7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
8 Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.
9 She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.
10 Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years of thy life shall be many.
11 I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.
12 When thou goest, thy steps shall not be straitened; and when thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble.
13 Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.
14 Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men.
15 Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.



Another great passage from the Word of God! Verse 7 stuck out the most along with verse 15. Verse 7 is stressing to us that wisdom is an important quality to have! Have you ever heard of the saying, "Knowledge is power?" I'm sure everyone has, and its so true! You could be the most powerful person in the world if you're some skinny kid from Queens, but be the most intelligent person the world has ever seen!

Another good saying that kinda sidetrakes that is if you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything. The reason you may stand for nothing is because you aren't smart enough to realize the good outcomes that could come from someone having morals! Knowledge is more powerful than any comic book hero, any bodybuilder, any weightlifting champ, or even a government official!!!!


Verse 15 caught my attention as well because it tells us to go away from evil things, not stand there and take the abuse and say you can handle it, because that fact of the matter is, you can't! Trust me, I have tried that. It doesn't work!! A famous quote I heard was,

"Someone you can never deny of, is someone who has had experience."

Do you know who said that quote? Well, it was me ,Michael Stratton of course!



Never hang out with ungodly people, and obtain wisdom!!!!

1 comment:

AngelWings said...

This Chapter is talking about how important it is to hae wisdom than physical power.
Verse 4 I really like because it says when we keep to God's commandments, our hearts will be filled with his words. When I hear this, I picture people recieting verses and knowing where certain topics are locaed at in the Bible, I think thats really cool! Anywho, Verse 7 tells us when we have wisdom, we have an ability to understand more and think things out more, rather than taking action and not knowing what to do. This chapter reminds me of..I think it was Ecclesiastes when it is stating what wisdom exactly is. I think thats the chapter. The quote is a cool saying also. Know who the wise people around you are and as my Chorus teacher tells us everyday, "Stay away from stupid people!"
~Victoria

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!