WEDNESDAY, November 12th, 2008

Ok everyone. I want us to push for a new start... there are MANY MANY MANY PEOPLE who have stopped doing their devotions and we need to change that. Now that my internet is hooked up it will be easier to push people to stay faithful.

Call any of your friends in youth group and tell them to do their devotions!!

We will do a reward activity one week from yesterday!!! I will take the most faithful people to Buffalo Wild Wings or something!!! (That is THIS TUESDAY)

BE FAITHFUL!!


Proverbs 12

1 Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction is stupid.
2 A good man obtains favor from the LORD, But a man of wicked intentions He will condemn.
3 A man is not established by wickedness, But the root of the righteous cannot be moved.
4 An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, But she who causes shame is like rottenness in his bones.
5 The thoughts of the righteous are right, But the counsels of the wicked are deceitful.
6 The words of the wicked are, “Lie in wait for blood,” But the mouth of the upright will deliver them.
7 The wicked are overthrown and are no more, But the house of the righteous will stand.
8 A man will be commended according to his wisdom, But he who is of a perverse heart will be despised.
9 Better is the one who is slighted but has a servant, Than he who honors himself but lacks bread.
10 A righteous man regards the life of his animal, But the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.
11 He who tills his land will be satisfied with bread, But he who follows frivolity is devoid of understanding.
12 The wicked covet the catch of evil men, But the root of the righteous yields fruit.
13 The wicked is ensnared by the transgression of his lips, But the righteous will come through trouble.
14 A man will be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth, And the recompense of a man’s hands will be rendered to him.
15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, But he who heeds counsel is wise.
16 A fool’s wrath is known at once, But a prudent man covers shame.
17 He who speaks truth declares righteousness, But a false witness, deceit.
18 There is one who speaks like the piercings of a sword, But the tongue of the wise promotes health.
19 The truthful lip shall be established forever, But a lying tongue is but for a moment.
20 Deceit is in the heart of those who devise evil, But counselors of peace have joy.
21 No grave trouble will overtake the righteous, But the wicked shall be filled with evil.
22 Lying lips are an abomination to the LORD, But those who deal truthfully are His delight.
23 A prudent man conceals knowledge, But the heart of fools proclaims foolishness.
24 The hand of the diligent will rule, But the lazy man will be put to forced labor.
25 Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, But a good word makes it glad.
26 The righteous should choose his friends carefully, For the way of the wicked leads them astray.
27 The lazy man does not roast what he took in hunting, But diligence is man’s precious possession.
28 In the way of righteousness is life, And in its pathway there is no death.

Here is some really great stuff! Think about this:

I love verse 26. I wish that EVERY TEENAGER I EVER MEET would understand this verse... If you choose your friends carefully then you are MUCH MORE LIKELY to be a righteous person, while if you choose friends who are living in the way of the wicked, YOU WILL GO ASTRAY!!!

There are many teens who have stopped doing their devotions, some may be really busy, but I would be a fool to think that this verse does not also apply to some people.

BE CAREFUL WHO YOU PICK FOR FRIENDS!!!! They could change the rest of your life! And if they are foolish friends then it will not be a good change!!!

VERSE 25 is also GREAT! I know this verse first hand... Anxiety in the heard of man causes depression. Any time I am very stressed about something it changes my whole countenance. Instead of worrying, I need to trust GOD!!

Have you ever committed an abomination? What is that? Something that GOD REALLY REALLY REALLY HATES!!!! If you have ever lied, then you have! Be careful! That can be dangerous! Don't Lie! Speak the TRUTH!

Finally, you remember verse 1. Do you hate it when someone tries to give you instruction by telling you that you are doing something wrong? Well, if you do hate it, the BIBLE says that you are stupid. THINK ABOUT IT: If someone wants to help make you better at something and you get mad at them for it... That sure isnt smart... I think the Bible Got it RIGHT AGAIN!!!! WHAT A CONCEPT!!

:) Thanks for doing your devotions today!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is some really great stuff! Think about this:

I love verse 26. I wish that EVERY TEENAGER I EVER MEET would understand this verse... If you choose your friends carefully then you are MUCH MORE LIKELY to be a righteous person, while if you choose friends who are living in the way of the wicked, YOU WILL GO ASTRAY!!!

There are many teens who have stopped doing their devotions, some may be really busy, but I would be a fool to think that this verse does not also apply to some people.

BE CAREFUL WHO YOU PICK FOR FRIENDS!!!! They could change the rest of your life! And if they are foolish friends then it will not be a good change!!!

VERSE 25 is also GREAT! I know this verse first hand... Anxiety in the heard of man causes depression. Any time I am very stressed about something it changes my whole countenance. Instead of worrying, I need to trust GOD!!

Have you ever committed an abomination? What is that? Something that GOD REALLY REALLY REALLY HATES!!!! If you have ever lied, then you have! Be careful! That can be dangerous! Don't Lie! Speak the TRUTH!

Finally, you remember verse 1. Do you hate it when someone tries to give you instruction by telling you that you are doing something wrong? Well, if you do hate it, the BIBLE says that you are stupid. THINK ABOUT IT: If someone wants to help make you better at something and you get mad at them for it... That sure isnt smart... I think the Bible Got it RIGHT AGAIN!!!! WHAT A CONCEPT!!

:) Thanks for doing your devotions today!!

Godservant said...

15 "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, But he who heeds counsel is wise."

Whenever you see someone who thinks their right all the time, It's just to their understanding. In other words, they THINK their right, but really, their just a fool. Anyone who seeks to have consoling, they're wise. Because they know their own understanding isn't nessesarely correct, so they want REAL advice.

JOSH, your dream verse is up today! Come on and say something about it.

Anonymous said...

this is a grat passage pastor Lee!!! :) this is sooo true. in school, there is sooo many kids who hate it when the teachers corrects them. sometims i struggle with it too. i need to get a hold on that... not just because I don't want to be stupid, its because i think God is unpleased if we are being stupid!!! I gtg but I will see you in church tonight!!! See ya!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, only Jake and Michael have been on so far...

Jesus reins forever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever...and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever... and ever...

Rachel☺; said...

Well i read the passage and i have things to say, but im having a horrrible night and on top of it al im extremely exhausted, and my mom just told me to go to bed so i need to do that; so im sorry sorry sorry im not posting a paragraph . ill posta little, but i WILL be on normally tomorrow.

*******and Pastor Lee*********
i am not going to school tomorrow and realllyy need to talk to you, so if youre not busy could i please talk to you tomorrow?

verse 25 kind of sticks out to me because im having problems with being kind of worried/kind of sad myself, and i am trusting God, but things still seem really unsure and stuff.

well like i said; im hurrying off. goodnightt

Mallory B (basketball team) said...

I finally had the chance to look at my birthverse! this is mine... Lamentations 3:22 NIV Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. cool!!! Pastor Lee I have been wanting to see the pictures from all the activities we have done including the wilds because i still havnt seen those, also the glowsticks!!! lol GREAT times! I know you are SOOOOOO busy but we should post those on the youth website sometime! I will try to come tomorrow if I can!!! I want to but i have volleyball and homework...never fun only the v-ball is! anyways now time for my DEVOTIONS!!!

Okay well this is a GREAT passage! So many things in here to learn from. I liked the 1st verse because it says if we hate being corrected then we are stupid! Being honest i really dont like being corrected which I need to get better at because I know that what my parents, pastors, or teachers say is only to help me so that i dont make that mistake again. I think most of us can admit we are stupid alot! I agree with pastor lee 100% that instead of being stressed out about things just take it all to God and trust Him! He will help you! Finally the last verse that I liked...verse 26. I will admit I need to change some of my friends. I wont go into this verse to much but all i want to say is that we need to choose our friends carefully and the ones that are wise. Hopefully we are good influences on some of our friends and the others around us. Just get away now so they wont pull you in to whatever it might be. I really liked this passage and now my fingers hurt but o well it was worth getting on here!!! bye for now everyone! hopefully I can come tomorrow!!

Tylermon33 said...

the verse that I liked the most and had to do with last nights message was verse 26-the righteous should choose his friends carefully, for the way of the wicked leads them astray-meaning if you choose wise friends then they will lead you toward Christ (hopefully) and farther away from destrustion and you will be happier, but if you choose bad friends then they will lead you more into darkness and farther away from God and it will make you miserable. so we need to choose our friends wisely and choose wise friends. another verse that I liked and that we have talked about before is verse 1-whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid-meaning if people tell you you are doing something wrong and you listen to them because you want to be better in what you are doing then you are wise, but if they tell you you are doing something wrong and you hate hearing that you are wrong and you don't change what you are doing then you are foolish. we need to lisen to the people that we know are doing the right things and listen to them when they tell us we are doing something wrong and correct it, and not hate when they tell us to correct something. love instruction and choose the right friends.


also the new picture on the devos. page looks pretty cool!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry mike its not my dream verse that is in acts where it talks about tabitha. proverbs 12:1 though is my LIFE verse. Kinda like, I can't believe I'm gonna say this, naruto and his nindo thing. Wow that could not have made me look more like a nerd. So yeah verse one so many people hate when they're getting corrected for somethin, but really tthey should just be thankfull especially since they are corrected because the other person wants them to become better. Again wow run on sentence much. Verse 15 accompanies my views of verse one since the reason why so many people get ticked when they're corrected is because they think they're doing it right, but in reality they're not and need that wise council of someone who can stand back and look at what they are doing from a different perspective. oh well GTG to school TTYL and PL I'll call you soon about John and today okay.

BYE-BEE

Anonymous said...

sorry i havent been on...
ive been busy with chemistry & algebra up the wazu=[
if i dont pass that that i wont be able to come wednesdays=[
but im at my aunts right no...so yeah

i know bout how anxiety causes depression & stuff...im anxiously awaitin deceber 1st (17days 4hrs an 29 min)

&at first it was drivin me NUTS but now that im sittin back i can relax & its not buggin me now

&its SOO true bout how we hate being corrected...its been drivin me insane the way my class mates treat the teacher...so beyond disrespectful

k well i gotta go

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!