TUESDAY, November 25th, 2008

Hey Guys! We had lots of fun last night! I wish you could have joined us. 10 of us went over to Pastor Lee and Katies house. We ate Pizza and played Balderdash, and laughed alot!!!!

Make sure you remember that we are not going to have youth group tomorrow night! Instead we are meeting at church tonight for a thanksgiving service! It will be loads of fun so plan to be there with us tonight at 7:00PM!

I Corinthinas 4

1 Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God.
2 Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful.
3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by a human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself.
4 For I know of nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord.
5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one’s praise will come from God.

Fools for Christ’s Sake
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
7 For who makes you differ from another? And what do you have that you did not receive? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?
8 You are already full! You are already rich! You have reigned as kings without us—and indeed I could wish you did reign, that we also might reign with you!
9 For I think that God has displayed us, the apostles, last, as men condemned to death; for we have been made a spectacle to the world, both to angels and to men.
10 We are fools for Christ’s sake, but you are wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are distinguished, but we are dishonored!
11 To the present hour we both hunger and thirst, and we are poorly clothed, and beaten, and homeless.
12 And we labor, working with our own hands. Being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we endure;
13 being defamed, we entreat. We have been made as the filth of the world, the offscouring of all things until now.

Paul’s Paternal Care
14 I do not write these things to shame you, but as my beloved children I warn you.
15 For though you might have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet you do not have many fathers; for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Therefore I urge you, imitate me.
17 For this reason I have sent Timothy to you, who is my beloved and faithful son in the Lord, who will remind you of my ways in Christ, as I teach everywhere in every church.
18 Now some are puffed up, as though I were not coming to you.
19 But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord wills, and I will know, not the word of those who are puffed up, but the power.
20 For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.
21 What do you want? Shall I come to you with a rod, or in love and a spirit of gentleness?

Verse 16 stopped me dead in my tracks! I think thi sis one of the most powerful passage we have studied together... Paul lived in a way that he said: I URGE YOU!!! IMITATE ME!! wow! Do I live a life that I would URGE YOU TEENAGERS to imitate me! To live the same way I do at home, at work, at church... If not then I better change my ways!

Can you say that to the people that you associate with? Your friends? your family? Your co-workers? could you tell them: IMITATE ME!!!! I will lead you to Christ! If not, then change it! Keep that on your mind and your heart! Paul was able to tell people, Live the same way that I live! I want to be able to live in a way that I ould say the exact same thing without feeling bad for something that I said or did yesterday!

If I want people to imitate me then I must imitate Christ!

I also think that verse 2 is great! IT IS REQUIRED!!! NOT REQUESTED! That a steward, a servant of God, a disciple: BE FOUND FAITHFUL!!! We must strive to be faithful!!! It is required if we want to consider ourselves as follwers of Christ!!!

I want to be faithful at all times! Faithful when everyone is around, and faithful when it is just me and God! Help me to meet the requirements of being your servant Lord... Help me to be faithful!

6 comments:

Godservant said...

1 "Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ..."

What this above is saying is, Do people know that you serve Christ. Lost people don't read the bible, but they can read the people who read the bible. You follow me? Well, stop following me or I'll have you arested. I know I've said, "Lost people don't read..." before on a previous devotion. But its true! And important!

Another way people know you serve the Lord is if you simply tell them. Everyone of my friends and foes know I serve God because I'm not afraid to tell them. But now I have to show them, It's for real!

Anonymous said...

wow again I see 0 comments and then when i click to post somebody is there.

yeah don't judge just like paul says not to. Judging others makes you think of them in a way that is possibly not how they really are. for example I look at this one guy I used to live next to and he was an alright guy, this was one of my friend's dad, and he turned out to be a pedophile. See so just because someone seems okay, or on the reverse they seem to be jerks they might be the complete opposite.
So all in all don't judge others, stay in school, drugs are bad, paul rules, come to church, and finally DO YOUR DEVOTIONS!!! that is all and now....

BYE-BEE

Godservant said...

I was SOOO close to giving a testimony tonight. God kept reminding me of what PL said about steping out of your comfort zone.

This is my testimony:
I thank everyone around me for everything you guys have done and Pastor Lee, Thanks for being a sick awesome youth Pastor and thanks for hammering us on doing our devtions because franky, if you didn't, then I wouldn't be on this cooly desinged website just for serving the Lord.
During that moment of silence I was thinking of what Christ did for us. And I was crying a little too. Sometimes we take things like that for granted when we shouldn't, because if it weren't for what He did, there would be nothing. ): and (: at the same time.

Anonymous said...

So wow cool passage. A verse that stuck out to me was 4. its like who are we to judge people, we should leave that to God. and pastor lee was right about the imitate one, we should strive to live like christ and be strong in his word.

Unknown said...

Of all the verses in this passage i think verse 16 is so very important. -->16 Therefore I urge you, imitate me.<-- When i read this i think its important to understand two things. One; that we should be trying to imitate God ourselves. And two; that we should be leading a life where others should be able to imitate us. Our actions are constantly being observed by not only god, but those around us. It is important that we are always representing God.

Rachel☺; said...

WOW.
Thats pretty cool that he is able to say "imitate me!" and be serious and ready for it.
I try really really hard to do my best to stick to whats right, but i would be adfraid to tell someone to follow me because im far from being that type of perfect example.
Thats something it will take a long time to accomplish, im thinking, but something we should all definitely aim for;
To keep in mind how everything we do should be a leading example of a follower of God and that we are always being watched for a slip up.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!