SUNDAY, November 23rd, 2008

Hey everyone! I hope you were in Sunday School! If not, we missed you!

I need everyone to do something for me today. Please send me an email from your email address so that I will have your email adress on file. My email address is pastorlee@suncoastyouth.com

Thanks!


1 Corinthians 2

1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

5 comments:

Godservant said...

8 "Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory."

The "princes" it reffers to are demons. Because, like this passage says is if the demons knew why he came, they would not have allowed Him to be crucified. When Christ died, I'm sure Satan and his demons were rejoicing with His death, because they thought they had killed God. But their party didn't last long. When they saw Christ rise from the dead, they knew that He came to take away the sins of the world. And now, Satan can't accuse the bretheren anymore because he will always get this answer: "their sins are covered by My blood. Now depart from My presence!"

Anonymous said...

ummmmm... well for the devos today verse 15: don't judge god for he and he alone knows what is best for us.
verse everything else: okay so maybe I can't decipher everything, but the rest of the book of corinthians is pretty straight forward.

Anonymous said...

Hey, about that Chris Tomlin song that I told you about tonight, here's the youtube link so you can listen to it. You really NEED to sing this song on Tuesday....with a pianist perhaps?....just kidding, but I will play if you need me to - however the sound track is amazing too....
Anyway, let me know if you need me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlBAf_SKwPQ

Unknown said...

Verse 5 in this passage is very strait foward and touches on a subject very relative to our modern times --> "That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God." Besides the fact this is just simply true and we should all strive to abide by this; think about what the verse is saying, that we sometimes put faith into the the "wisdom" of man. Yesterday verse 25 ( chapter 1 ) states: "Because the foolishness of God is wiser than man and the weakness of God is stronger than man." This says something about the wisdom of man.. and to think we would choose it over the power of GOD? Paul was speaking to the Church not with words of his own wisdom but rather with words of the power of God. Verse 4 says -->"And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and Power."<-- This shows the emphasis put on the power of the Lord verses our own human "wisdom". I think this is connected to verse 2--> For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.<--. In my Bible there is a refrence to Galatians 6:14. It reads --> "But God forbid that i should glory except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and i to the world." I really think this shows Paul had a specific and important message that he was determined to give the church. We need to apply this message to our own lives, to spread this message in our own lives, and to do so not through words of human wisdom, but through words of the power of God.

Rachel☺; said...

OH MY COW! i just typed half of a pamphlet on this passage and my computer went *DING!* and it went to a weird page and i lost it alll!
D:
please believe me, ill just type a little of what i was trying to say again.
-.-
I was talking about verses 14 15 & 16 and i pretty much went through like evry word because i was makings ure that i was making sense and i was going to conclude with something like we need to be seeking out Gods wisdom to recieve it and realize that we can only obtain wisdom through Him and that thats the only way we can really rise above what the world thinks is wise and attacks us with.
Dont know if im making sense but im upset mannn.. >:(

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!