MONDAY, March 17th, 2008

Thank you for being patient! Please continue to be faithful with your devotions! I have been doing them, I just was not able to post them because I was in the hospital from thursday until Yesterday morning. I cannot wait for each of you to see Will, If you would like to come over and visit give me a call.

Let me tell you about him before We do these devotions. Will Ethan Tomlin was born Thursday at 2:20pm and he weighed 8lbs. and 14 ounces. He was 21 inches long, and all the nurses could not stop talking about Will for our hospital stay. It was lots of fun! (Except for the lack of sleep part). I already have many hilarious stories that I cannot wait to share about little Will. Like I said on Sunday, I am in love with new son of mine, Will. I call him "God's Will" for my life! If you want to pay us a visit at home, give me a call and we will let you know when to come by! Thanks

I Chronicles 22:1-10

Pastor Lee:
What a cool passage! I can find a whole bunch of applications for me, I will share my thoughts first then try to apply it generally after that. David was a man after Gods own heart, and He wanted to do GREAT things for God, and he did! However when he wanted to build a temple for God, God said "David, I want your son to do that". The cool part about Davids response is that He did not get upset, but He said, "well, then I am going to get things ready so that when my son builds your temple, it will be much easier for him.

David helped to set his son, Solomon, up for success in Gods plan for his life. As a parent, that is my job as well, God has called me to do some great things, but I believe He also will call my son, Will, to do great things, and I, the father need to help and train Will to follow Gods plan.

This applies to you as well, (even if you dont have kids). God calls each of us to a different path. We must seek to follow that path for our life, while encouraging the people around us to follow God as well. The passage says that David prepared abundantly before his death. What are you planning abundantly for? Are you abundantly chasing Gods plan, our your own plan?
What else did you get from this?

1 Then David said, This is the house of the LORD God, and this is the altar of the burnt offering for Israel.
2 And David commanded to gather together the strangers that were in the land of Israel; and he set masons to hew wrought stones to build the house of God.
3 And David prepared iron in abundance for the nails for the doors of the gates, and for the joinings; and brass in abundance without weight;
4 Also cedar trees in abundance: for the Zidonians and they of Tyre brought much cedar wood to David.
5 And David said, Solomon my son is young and tender, and the house that is to be builded for the LORD must be exceeding magnifical, of fame and of glory throughout all countries: I will therefore now make preparation for it. So David prepared abundantly before his death.
6 Then he called for Solomon his son, and charged him to build an house for the LORD God of Israel.
7 And David said to Solomon, My son, as for me, it was in my mind to build an house unto the name of the LORD my God:
8 But the word of the LORD came to me, saying, Thou hast shed blood abundantly, and hast made great wars: thou shalt not build an house unto my name, because thou hast shed much blood upon the earth in my sight.
9 Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days.
10 He shall build an house for my name; and he shall be my son, and I will be his father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel for ever.

2 comments:

HADOKEN!!! said...

David had done soooo much for God in his lifetime and even near the end of his days he still wanted to build a house for the Lord. God told him that it would not be he who builds the house but his son. He also said that He would aid Solomon by making peace in Israel during his rule so that he could build it without trouble. Many times God wants us to do something and even provides help like he did with Solomon. We just have to realize it.

ps. tell Will I said hi :)

Rachel☺; said...

i was so lucky i saw him todayy :] ha, hes so cute and tiny i was afraid i was gonna hurt him. ♥anywayss :] I see here that a lot like david prepared and paved the way for solomon to do what God wanted him to do, we have people all over the place setting up and willing to help us do good for God too. Like doing you devotions sorta. Pastor Lee puts everything up here and opens it right up for us and its so useful for what the Lord wants to do with us. It keeps me focused and reinforces me to remember what God would have me do. and like He had plans for solomons life, remember his for mine and what i can do to obey along the way.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!